Boehner: "There is no Republican party. There's a Trump party."

45 Republicans can deny, give excuses, deflect and project all they want, they are not even close to be authentic, reasonable members of the GOP. My mom is a real republican, a black woman born and raised in the Jim Crow south. She saw the shift toward this direction a long time ago, back in the 70’s.
This new Republican Party is something else, something more sinister, non-inclusive and definitely piss poor examples of morals and family values.

Classic :point_up_2:

Mole, the claim by Boehner wasn’t about support, it was about control of the Republican Party (his idiotic claim). Sure Trump has some support, in the “Republican controlled” Congress. I think he thinks some is too much, which probably what everyone who’s anti-Trump, thinks.

I just remember how the left was awed by Bill’s cheating…Now, they’ve gone Victorian prudish…lol!

1 Like

And you are now saying Bill Clinton’s actions are cool.

Classic.

Nash, if he didn’t have control over the party there would already be impeachment proceedings.

[/quote]

And you are now saying Bill Clinton’s actions are cool.

Classic.
[/quote]

Bill is definitely Cool… I don’t like his policy, but he’s cool. His wife is not. Obama thinks of himself as cool, but he’s not…

1 Like

Mole, I don’t think so, because Trump voters do have to be taken into account. Reelection will be taken into account. Also impeachment proceedings need at least a strong argument, to lead to conviction, and so far there’s not enough (if anything). Just my opinion. So I don’t think we would have had it already. I don’t think Trump needs control over the party, to avoid impeachment. He does need to not break the law, and have some control or influence. I think, to achieve his full agenda. If he already had control (of the republican congress), I think we’d have the repeal of Obamacare, the wall at least, the nuking of the cloture rule, and much less fear of, or deference to democrats.

Stop acting the fool.

The GOP establishment lied its ass off pretending to support Republican voters then after the elections, after we handed them back the House and Senate they mocked us, ridiculed and vented hate at us. And its a surprise voters rejected the GOP establishment candidates and nominated Trump? What a bunch of clueless morons the GOP leadership is.

Pretty rich coming from a failed speaker run out of town in disgrace.

Entertaining as hell to see the lefties who hated him as speaker suddenly putting him up on a pedestal too.

2 Likes

Boehner is right about the “Republican” Party - it is no longer the Republican party, but the party of Trump. Problem is, Boehner was one of the ones that helped bring the new party to fruition. And, honestly, if the blue wave happens in November, I’d say he’s pretty much worthy of blame as Trump.

The former speaker is exactly right!

The hope of the “blue wave” is pretty much as dead as Hillary’s Victory Party.

Looking at the polls if the election was held today Republicans would pick up about 4 seats in the senate and hold the house.

The economy keeps improving and Trump’s favorability rating continues to grow so barring something completely unlikely it ain’t happening.

I wouldn’t be impressed with that if I were you.

i saw it coming too. i’m almost 60, considered myself half republican (fiscally) and half democrat (socially) back in those days. then i saw my family and friends and acquaintances take this slow gradual turn to the right to the extremism that we see clearly today. they want things to be like they were in the 50s and they will do virtually anything to return to those days. they feel short changed athletically. they feel short changed professionally/financially. they feel short changed sexually. that’s the trifecta for guys and they’re damned mad about it.

the reason it so surprised me when Rush came along (and it started rolling) was i never felt the playing field was tilted against me like they did (well, any more so than someone who started with no money after college). the whole era and the people associated with it fascinate me. i’ve said that many times. i understand them but i’m still surprised that they never matured. some of my family members still talk of high school glory days and such. they just will not accept the way the country has changed and are devastated that it’s not like they thought it would be.

well, if you want me to be frank.

2 Likes

that looks like the stock market since January.

What was his approval rating the week of the election in 2016?

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#!

More people in the party wanted Trump than Boehner.
Boehner: boo hoo hoo