Boehner: "There is no Republican party. There's a Trump party."

He’s not wrong. All it took was a faux strong-man with a big mouth and a fake tan to pretty much tame the party as a whole.

Doesn’t say much for Republicans.

Though in a few years i’m sure you will find it hard to find anyone who votes for Trump, and plenty of Republican congressmen promising not to repeat the mistakes of the “Trump era” Republican party.

2 Likes

Yeah well we “loved” Boehner too. :roll_eyes: You picked a pretty poor example.

3 Likes

Well Boner…I’ve been saying that for two years roughly…what has taken you so long. He’s part of the problem however…He never provided much in the way of leadership to begin with…leadership vacuums tend to get filled with whatever gaseous vapors that are out there. ANd that happens to be trump.

1 Like

I mean Boehner pretty much promised to get rid of pork spending if he won. No-one believed him.

Then he did it and completely lost any semblance of control of his own party. Turns out it’s not much of a party without bribes to keep everyone on the same page.

2 Likes

I look forward to the future, when Trump will be cast by the right and the GOP as a liberal RINO, brought into office by liberals, enabled by liberals blah blah blah. Count on it. Conservatives and Republicans will work hard to evade all responsibility and association with him. They did a version of this a decade ago. This time, we have to burn every last one of their lifeboats. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure you’ll love McCarthy just as much :grin:.

1 Like

Trump is cool…

1 Like

I mean ■■■■ you’ve already got some Republicans trying to blame Democrats for Trump winning, and Trump isn’t even under the bus yet.

1 Like

What McCarthy might that be?

1 Like

Do you follow politics? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oy.

1 Like

Absolutely. You?

1 Like

Does Boehner drive a German luxury car? That probably explains Trump’s latest threat/tweet/threet—whatever you call it.

It is sad to see some Republicans having to shelve their beliefs in order to appeal to the new Trump base.
And I applaud some Republicans who are sticking to their beliefs and truly want to do something serious about immigration and fought against a couple of turd health care bills.

Andrew McCarthy. But, honestly, modern day Republicans are very much the James Spader character in movies from that era than Andrew McCarthy.

If you are referring to a democrat then you are unaware that the generic leads have evaporated.

The dems over played their hands with dire predictions of disaster every day.Too much crying wolf.

Folks are looking around and saying hey not only no disasters but things are actually going quite well.

It’s interesting to watch pretty much all the retiring members fall the same way.

They’re not exactly singing Trumps praises on the way out are they,

It worked for the republicans. What’s good for the goose…

1 Like

Kevin McCarthy. He’ll be taking over from Ryan.

From every impression I have of the man so far, he’s a moron.

It back fired on them during the Clinton presidency. You just helped my point.