Bob Woodward’s Stunning Look into the Presidency

Anytime a crook gets caught and punished justly…I’m for it.

Except Bob Woodward chronicles the presidency and has for fifty years and nine presidents.

Prosecutors prosecute people. I’m not sure what you think they do.

The word “special” must have eluded you?

I’ve earthly idea what this is supposed to mean. Could you please just say what you mean in a direct manner in as few words as possible.

Yes, God brought us the lying con man adulterer. He was sent to save the country from evil.

Nope…but on a funnier note; I’m in North Carolina and getting rained on pretty hard from the hurricane that’s passing through. I went to put my car in the garage last night and as I was closing the electric door…watching it go down…a skunk came running inside to get out of the storm. It took me 30 minutes to get him/her out and the damn thing sprayed my garage. I’m now letting a hurricane air out my garage.

2 Likes

Squirrel!!

I mean Skunk!!!

:slight_smile:

There are actual indictments and plea deals blasting the truth with a million flashlights here but you’re still clinging to these CEC wet dream fantasies. Sometimes what you see happening is exactly what’s happening, despite what Trump and his TV lawyer say.

For me so far it’s the discussion with Cohn in Bedminster before Trump hired him.

Fits in nicely with what I’ve said regarding this idea that a businessman obviously understands the economy and so therefore will make a great President.

I said over and over during the election that just because someone runs a business doesn’t mean they understand macroeconomics or concepts like sovereign debt.

And that was clear in the Cohn discussion where Cohn discussed the implications of increasing interest rates. Trump’s immediate response? “Borrow a whole bunch of money cheap now, and then sell it off later at the higher interest rates”.

Yeah…that works if you’re a business or even a small entity. Our local schools just did something very similar a couple of months ago (although we didn’t take on the debt just to sell it later…we actually used the money for something).

The government? It doesn’t work that way…and Trump didn’t realize it.

2 Likes

That’s true but…they’re going after those in the shallow end of the pool of corruption and ignoring those in the deep end. My guess is because it will incriminate them too.

If there is corruption to be found at both ends of the political spectrum, I fully support rooting it out.

Manafort voluntarily (of his own free will) pled guilty to 2 charges of conspiracy against the United States, AND all of the charges that the Virginia jury was hung on.

He voluntarily pled guilty to the charges and did not contest them. He alsoforfeited $46 million in assets, so you can’t say he “could not afford to fight any longer.”

He also agreed to assist the special counsel, or any other law enforcement agency the special counsel deems his assistance worthwhile, in matters going forward.

How could the outcome have been any more just?

The guy pleaded guilty to 2 charges of conspiring against the United States. On what planet are they not in the deep end of the corruption pool?

my sincere applause

C’mon Lucy! People were texting on the job! On GOVERNMENT phones, for crying out loud!!!

1 Like

You’ll see…drip, drip, drip…:sunglasses:

Translation from lib speak; one was heading up the investigation…and the other was his lawyer/lover…for crying out loud. :grin:

I sense a dumb response coming.

Page was not Sztrok’s lawyer, but rather a lawyer within the DoJ. And yes, they did have an affair. Like Fat Donald, if you will. Turns out their concerns about Fat Donald were correct.