Bob Woodward’s Stunning Look into the Presidency

Brace yourselves for a category 12 Tweeticain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bob-woodwards-new-book-reveals-a-nervous-breakdown-of-trumps-presidency/2018/09/04/b27a389e-ac60-11e8-a8d7-0f63ab8b1370_story.html?utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.633ffdc3e0a7

At a National Security Council meeting on Jan. 19, Trump disregarded the significance of the massive U.S. military presence on the Korean Peninsula, including a special intelligence operation that allows the United States to detect a North Korean missile launch in seven seconds vs. 15 minutes from Alaska, according to Woodward. Trump questioned why the government was spending resources in the region at all.

“We’re doing this in order to prevent World War III,” Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told him.

After Trump left the meeting, Woodward recounts, “Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.’ ”

That’s just the tip of what’s in that article. God alone knows what else is in the book.

I can’t wait to read it.

Cohn literally took documents off the Presidents desk to keep him from leaving NAFTA.

The President ordered Mattis to assasinate Assad - and Mattis ignored it.

I’d say “it’s worse than we thought”, but no, we all knew this was happening.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ hell…

Lol!

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an “idiot” and “unhinged,” Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of “a fifth or sixth grader.” And Trump’s former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as “a ■■■■■■■ liar,” telling Trump he would end up in an “orange jump suit” if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.

“He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in crazytown,” Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. “I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.”

Twitter is going to be very busy in the coming days…

Man, these excerpts are pretty bad…

1 Like

More garbage from a garbage journalist. Woodward is one half of the reason that Journalism in America is in the toilet, Bernstein is the other half!

2 Likes

Sheesh- even weirder and uglier…

“A third of my job was trying to react to some of the really dangerous ideas that he had and try to give him reasons to believe that maybe they weren’t such good ideas,” said Porter, who as staff secretary handled the flow of presidential papers until he quit amid domestic violence allegations. He and others acted with the acquiescence of former chief of staff Reince Priebus, Woodward reports.

Woodward describes repeated attempts to bypass Trump as "no less than an administrative coup d’état."

I mean, we knew all this, but it’s still pretty shocking to see how bad it is really laid out.

Cool! Nice to finally have legitimate confirmation.

¯_(ツ)_/¯ We deserve this.

“He just made something up. That’s his nature,” Dowd said to Mueller. Lololololol!

Woodward writes that Dowd saw the “full nightmare” of a potential Mueller interview, and felt Trump acted like an “aggrieved Shakespearean king.”

But Trump seemed surprised at Dowd’s reaction, Woodward writes. “You think I was struggling?” Trump asked.

Then, in an even more remarkable move, Dowd and Trump’s current personal attorney Jay Sekulow went to Mueller’s office and re-enacted the mock interview. Their goal: to argue that Trump couldn’t possibly testify because he was incapable of telling the truth.

“He just made something up. That’s his nature,” Dowd said to Mueller.

Trump on Sessions is some real golden material too.

“This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner. … He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.”

1 Like

Already pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.

There are so many things in this article the book will be insane

Trump on the President of Syria…

“Let’s ******* kill him! Let’s go in. Let’s kill the ******** lot of them.”

Thanks again to conservative America for giving this idiot the power to start World War III.

1 Like

Wasn’t someone asking in another thread if we have any people here who still stand by Nixon? Hey look we have one!

4 Likes

Definite buy for sure.

I never buy Poltical Books - this will be the third one in this admin alone.

Will be buying this book for sure, hardcover version.

Nixon: Ressurgent Republican Hero. Thanks Trump!