Black actor beaten and almost lynched by mask wearing thugs

I didn’t put my words in quote. When you put them in quotes, you’re not talking about murder. You’re talking about “murder”.

If a guy committed murder, it doesn’t matter if he did so out of hate or out of revenge or out of greed or jealousy or anything else. It’s murder.

Murder is murder.

If both are judged to be murder by a formal court trial, then both are murder.

Most likely the first guy isn’t going to be convicted of murder. It’ll be one of the other “murder” charges.

Two things. First, you’re basing your argument on a TMZ report? LOL. TMZ is one of the scummiest sources for anything.

But how closely did you look at that OP? Did you miss what I circled in the screen capture I made of the OP I posted below? They used the word “apparent”. As in allegedly. (Mike drop.)

I oppose “hate crimes” laws on principle.

As long as they exist however there should be heavy penalties for abusing them as it appears he’s done here.

You had no “facts” you ran blindly with the story out of confirmation bias. You wanted it to be true so you believed it to be true in spite of the glaring holes in the story from day one.

1 Like

False reports of hate crimes do great harm both to the country and to the actual victims of such crimes because it makes it harder and harder to believe the reports.

It was stupid, but it doesn’t change what a sore on America hate crimes are.

The number of fake hate crimes is far far far far far far far below real ones.

Fair enough

That’s a perfectly valid position and why i have an issue with hate crimes. Violence is violence.

You can’t possibly show that to be true.

We had news reports based on facts.

That’s weak and it’s certainly not the first thing the vast majority of Americans will think of when they hear of hate crimes unless they are looking for reasons not to believe them. Which is incredibly sad to even think about.

No we didn’t, we had news reports based solely on lies told by Smollett and the “press” didn’t even do their most basic due diligence by attempting to verify his claims before running with the story as though it were true.

Why do cases like this, Tawana Brawley, and the Duke Lacrosse “Rape” case stand out in our minds?

You made the claim, not me.

Actually, I have. Ba-ba-boom.

After the headline, stating it as a fact.

Yet those are the cases that stick in our minds and are the first thing to come to mind when we get yet another report.

Each hoax makes the next real hate crime that is reported less believable.

What they “believe” does not make for fact.

Repeating … it said "apparent."

Documentation of each?

This isn’t a parlor game, Doug. I posted a link above that gives a good answer to your question.