Black actor beaten and almost lynched by mask wearing thugs

All you needed to know was the time and temperature it was said to take place in…

Lucas knew it was fake day one… (44 sec’s in). Media should have too. Who’s out in 5 degree weather at 2 am looking for Democrats to abuse? Not to mention why would a Trump supporter even know who this guy is… They don’t watch that show…

1 Like

It seemed like a nonsense story from the very beginning. Like I was saying earlier - two white Trump supporters hanging out in sub-arctic temperatures of Chicago at 2 in the morning with a bottle of bleach and a rope - and seem to know some minor actor from a TV show that doesn’t exactly cater to Trump supporters ? On top of that, Chicago is “MAGA country” ? :grin:

1 Like

The investigation must be completely removed from the hands of the Chicago Political Mafia headed by Rahm Emanuel. The FBI is already investigating the threatening letter allegedly sent to Jussie. That is most likely part of the ruse. Hopefully non corrupt FBI personnel will effectively deal with this “federal hate crime”. Let Jussie lie to the FBI. He can refuse to speak with the FBI on behalf of his own victimization preferring to tearfully chat exclusively with Robin Roberts from GMA . Either way he is annihilated.

That’s garbage. The (so called real media) NY Times has had to print multiple retractions because they jumped the gun and reported incorrectly.

And the manager never bothered to call the police when he heard the assault in action?

My personal favorite is the neighbor claiming to have seen a “redneck” with a rope even when the description of the “redneck” did not match Smollett’s description of his attackers. The neighbor must have been watching re-runs of the Pace Picante Sauce commercials.

So many want their 5 minutes.

And so you should. Your disconnect is quite puzzling.

There is an “or” there…

And this is why the right is so cautious in calling things fake news, they want to retain their credibility when they do say it so people take them seriously.

What a joke.

1 Like

Not all of the right did.

There were many like me that when first reported the first thought was “Oh great, a couple of ■■■■■■■ idiots that will be used to make it out that all Trump supporters/right wingers are like this.”

THEN as the narrative changed, we started to make assumptions. Wait, why didn’t he tell the cops in his first interview what he told the media (as in waiting to tell the cops that info in the follow up interview). Wait, why would someone continue to wear a noose around their next for 45 minutes until the cops show up? Wait, why is there no video of anyone in the area. Wait, why is there video of him without the noose, then less than a minute later with him a short distance away with it on.

Still having a hard time comprehending why anyone would pay thousands of dollars for someone to beat them up.

I can only imagine there are mental health issues involved.

I am hoping they are, I know that’s a mean thing to say but this sounds like something you would see hatched up in a movie.

I can’t think of a rational justification.

I never thought I’d live to see the day a black man pays other black men money to lynch him. Buying oppression. This is Trumps America.
Smollett didn’t even bother to hire Americans for the job. He outsources to Nigerians.

1 Like

Just read that a threatening letter with a white powder (proven to be aspirin) was mailed to Smollett at Empire a week before the “attack”.
If Smollett sent it (you can bet he did), this will turn into a federal offense.

Yes, this was his appetizer to the “attempted lynching” main course.

He’s a minor TV star and its been rumored that his character was being written off the show.

He was trying to jumpstart his career path. Look at all the positive press he got when all the suckers in the media and leftwing fell for his story. He was going to be able to basically write his ticket to his next role whatever that may be.

He may do just that- a role as a federal convict.

I can’t find dots to connect that lead to the bolded part in the middle of everything else you said.

If anything, this is TDS with a spotlight on it.