Big News in the WOT but virtual silence in the media

So yes or no, you honestly believe that most people viewing that tweet from the president would understand that nuance? Honestly, yes or no?

Most people who aren’t just looking for something to spin to the negative. Yes.

You have to work pretty hard to even attempt to spin that they way you are.

Yeah this is more…I’m gonna find something to bitch about and throw a temper tantrum about it.

So yes or no, honestly, you think most people who read that tweet understood the nuance of what the president said. Honestly yes or no. No qualifiers.

It was covered, just not in the manner you want them to in order for your standard to exist.

And over in a thread he created about Shaw, he’s arguing the minutiae of whether I was trying to convince him that Trump watches Fox EVERY DAY NONSTOP instead of addressing the larger point I was making regarding why Trump has yet to tweet condolences to the families of the victims of the Waffle House shooting and why Trump has yet to recognize Shaw’s heroism (when I mentioned that Trump tweets a lot about F&F and Shaw was on that very show).

It’s truly amazing, isn’t it?

Yeah this is par for the course. I have to tell you about this “US bases in Yemen” discussion I had one time. Would not admit error and focused on the smallest stuff.

1 Like

The first thing I thought when I read that tweet (before reading about the story) was that the top 5 were captured.

I’ve answered this for you several times.

Your initial question was about the “average Trump follower”. You keep moving the bar.

Let me see if I can make it very simple. Yes I think the average person lacking any bias would read it for what it is and what it says.

So yes or no, honestly, you think most of the people who read that tweet understood the nuance of what the president was saying? Honestly yes or no?

1 Like

What part of this answer is it you don’t understand?

Let me see if I can make it very simple. Yes I think the average person lacking any bias would read it for what it is and what it says.

Still, we had no legitimate reason to invade and occupy Iraq and through that country into chaos and attempt to shape it into a nation of our own choosing. I imagine many there on all sides would have preferred to not be any part of the American needless invasion, occupation, and nation building experiment.

And many who thank God every day that Saddam and his henchmen are gone.

A few years back I remember seeing a 60 minutes segment where they visited a mosque in Iran. They were holding school for boys 10 - 14 years old. The subject was about the evil United States and how Americans
main goal was to destroy Islam. The commentator said that this was commonplace in mosque’s throughout the middle east. The martyrdom concept is a strong recruitment tool. So I believe that there are more men being indoctrinated to serve.

ISIS hasn’t been meeting the necessary replacement rate for over a year.

We’ll never run out of Islamic Radicals, but as an organization and Caliphate ISIS is about done. As long as we don’t back off and give them room to recover their complete destruction as an organized fighting force and state is very near.

Which is not now and never was justification for the American invasion and occupation of a nation that posed no threat to the United States and had not attacked the United States.

Their thanking whichever God of their choice for his removal never was and still isn’t justification for the loss of nearly 5 thousand American service men and women in a needless war in Iraq, not to leave out the thousands and thousands more who will be forever physically injured and or emotionally injured, including my own grandson, from that war America never should have fought.

Their thanking their God that Saddam is gone does not pay the piper for the trillions of dollars that needless war cost the Americans now and will still be costing Americans long into the future, perhaps as many as 8 decades or more after the ending of that totally needless war.

A war that may have had its “official” end for us but really hasn’t ended when one reads your OP linked article, it seems we are in an endless war in Iraq, a needless and endless war.

2 Likes

I agree that attritionon Isis will take its toll. Taking out the radical leaders makes it harder to replace with as radical Muslims. At least that is my hope.

New York Times broke the news.

And guess what it wasn’t fake lol.

Allan

And most of the western allies and their intel agencies came to the same conclusions.

Saddam was on the march to expand around the ME just like Iran has done over the last 8 years. One way or another we were going to have to step in sooner or later.

The reasons for going were valid, a lot of mistakes were made not in the invasion or defeat of Saddam but in securing a lasting peace following same.

How many lives would have been saved had Hitler been stopped and his army destroyed as soon as he entered Poland? Holland? France?

If you stop conquerors before the build momentum you avoid the larger war that would otherwise eventually follow.

Big Twitter fan you are? Oopsie. I guess you don’t know that Twitter dropped the 140 character limit over a year ago.