Big News in the WOT but virtual silence in the media

Mislead the public? They were 5 of the most wanted ISIS leaders, what is misleading about that? He didn’t claim Al Baghdadi had been captured.

Irrelevant to the point I made, so I will simply quote the very basic English I used the first time. Hopefully it is comprehended accurately THIS time and I won’t have to repeat it:

It’s completely relevant.

They didn’t cover it on their national newscasts until the day after it was pointed out they weren’t running the story.

There is a purposeful and constant attempt being made to paint the administration in the poorest light possible and to minimize or completely ignore the news that paints them in a positive light.

What does the average Trump Twitter follower interpret from “Five Most Wanted leaders of ISIS just captured” from the president’s tweet? That the top five guys got caught?

I have no idea I’m not a twitter follower at all.

I would assume though that most of them understand that “Five most wanted” and “The 5 most wanted” convey to very different things.

Intellectual dishonesty. You don’t believe that.

2 Likes

Don’t make accusations you can’t backup.

Do you even know what a “most wanted list” is?

Pointed out by the right-wing equivalent of MediaMatters?

The story was covered ALL OVER the place-again, you’re throwing your little hissy and stomping around because they didn’t cover in the manner, and during the times, and for the durations, that meet the WR standard of coverage.

Hey look, you just described the whole of the right-wing media regarding Obama between the years 2008-2016.

1 Like

Wow, there’s that world famous WildRose conflation.

The only foot stomping hissy fit I see is your own.
The story was not “all over” either network they didn’t run it at all until the next day and then only after it had been made public they weren’t running it.

What conflation of that is there exactly?

Okay. For the record, you believe that most people who would read Trump’s tweet would understand the difference between “Top Five Wanted ISIL leaders” and “the Top Five wanted ISIL leaders”. You believe that. That most of them got that nuance. With a straight face you think they got that?

Clean your specs, gramps.

WR, the year is no longer 1960. The internet exists. We’re trending toward most people getting their news online, and not on TV broadcasts. The story was covered. Just not in the manner in which you approve.

And your insinuation that they only did so because MRC called them out is laughable at best.

Right there for you.

I think most of us have at least a basic command of the language including those who follow Trump.

The 140 character limit on twitter makes for lots of abbreviated posts and twitter followers are well aware of that.

It doesn’t even make sense that he would do such a thing because killing or Capturing Al Baghdadi would be the biggest single score in the WOT since the death of Bin Laden so it’s not like the whole world wouldn’t get the deception within seconds of hitting send.

People like you are so hell bent on painting everything this administration in the worst light possible at every opportunity and this is no different.

The story was not covered at all on either network until the next day after they’d been called out for it.

That’s what I stated in the OP, that remains true, and nothing you have or can post can change that.

You aren’t showing any such thing, you are again punting and deflecting.

You made the claim support it.

Like old times eh Party free?

1 Like

So was that a yes or a no to my question? Also, 140 characters didn’t limit that tweet.

If you didn’t get that I apologize. I didn’t realize you aren’t among the majority with at least a basic command of the language.