Big Brother is Watching Your Children

Like I said, the teacher needs to be held accountable as well. She used her position of authority and the access it granted to her to see into someone’s house to call the police over no crime and had no reasonable suspicion one had been. Don’t we call that Swatting? And isn’t it illegal?

2 Likes

Swatting is typically done anonymously. The cops knew exactly who reported this and why.

Is it required that it be done anonymously? Link to statute please.

I don’t think “swatting” is a legal term. I may be wrong. You can look that up if you like.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/the-crime-of-swatting-fake-9-1-1-calls-have-real-consequences1

not a Legal term but its a crime.

this wasn’t swatting the teacher though something could be wrong in the household she was wrong but she didn’t call the police trigger a false raid.

This wasn’t a fake 9/11 call.
I doubt she even called 9/11 likely called the non-emergency line.

Which is still ■■■■■■■■■ Owning a gun does not equate to “something could be wrong in the household”.

:roll_eyes:

In regards to swatting, this was info provided. That is all.

I never claimed there was.
she call the police with her CONCERNS making a valid complaint.
the police should have ignored it.

she never faked anything.

You literally said: teacher though something could be wrong in the household

The only thing she saw that would have lead her to that conclusion was seeing a gun.

Which means NOTHING in and of itself. She chose to make it into something.

1 Like

which is her prerogative, she is allowed to call the police.
its the police job to determine if her complaint is valid enough to warrant anything further.

In Maryland kids under sixteen cannot be unsupervised with any firearms. It was a stinking bb gun though, so yeah, it’s ridiculous. I would think the police could have determined that from the screenshot which they had to have seen.

1 Like

Owning a gun is not a valid reason to call police to search someone else’s home.

This is exactly why our school district opted for no video meetings between teachers and students during the pandemic shutdown. Adult teachers should not be looking around in a child’s bedroom. It is an invasion of privacy, and has too great an opportunity for bad situations like this.

A teacher should not be screen shotting a child’s bedroom either.

You can call the police for any reason you ■■■■■■■ want.
its the police job to determine if the complaint is valid or not.

swatting is not a crime

Making a false report of a crime is a crime.

Hmm…I’m thinking BB gun isn’t a firearm. Do you know why it isn’t?