Big Brother is Watching Your Children

That’s basically what I said. And that’s a stupid question that I won’t justify with an answer. Kripes my father taught me to shoot a 22 rifle when I was five and we all grew up with bb guns in our rooms.

1 Like

True, though I doubt they called the emergency line or suggesting there was a crime.

True, but you have no idea what they were told in order to investigate.

More than likely they were told it was a child endangerment issue involving weapons, which is a stretch any way you look at it.

Didn’t you say?

In Maryland kids under sixteen cannot be unsupervised with any firearms.

BB gun isn’t a firearm. It’s air gun.

Just checking your knowledge…

1 Like

Zantax said it’s not a crime for a kid to have a gun on his wall or something to that effect. In Maryland, it is if he’s under sixteen. By gun I took him to mean firearm.

Yeah, well Maryland is stupid. :wink:

1 Like

When was it any of the teacher’s ■■■■■■■ business?

3 Likes

Maryland is also a two party consent state for audio recording. I wonder if the teacher/school could run afoul of this law since in essence, the teacher “recorded” the child’s room by taking a screen shot without the consent of the home’s owner. The child, being a minor, would be incapable of giving consent.

1 Like

I have an issue with this:

She was also told she could not see the screenshot of her son’s bedroom, because it’s not part of his student record.

She has every right to see that screenshot.

2 Likes

"Lancaster told WBFF that the school’s principal complained that the child having a BB gun in his room was like bringing a gun to school.

What kind of convoluted reasoning is that?

The school principal is an idiot.

2 Likes

To be fair, none of the articles provide any evidence the school said that. That’s the account from the mother.

Seems like the teacher was doing her job. Why the outrage?

How do you figure interfering in a student’s life is “doing her job”

The student was in the privacy of his own home. She was the voyeur so to speak.

The we’re doing online class. With video, correct?

Let’s say the teacher saw a home that was unsuitable for a child. What should she do? Ignore it?

And who determines what is “unsuitable”?

1 Like

The teacher can. If they suspect abuse, neglect, etc.

Did this teacher witness any of that, or did she just freak out when she saw a BB gun?

You’re reaching.

2 Likes

Link to statute? Odds are, that statute reads as unsupervised in public, not inside a home.

And this, parents, is why you tell the teachers to pound sand with their BS teleclass. Physical homework only. You may have it ready for us to pick up and drop off on Mondays.

1 Like