Big Brother is Watching Your Children

And by pro police you mean doesn’t agree with every accusation made against them.

No problem. I guess minding your own business is gone.

1 Like

It’s not clear from the article if the teacher recognized the weapon as a BB gun or if the article is providing that as information once it was identified by the police as being a BB gun.

I think it would be presented more matter of factly that the teacher knew it was a BB gun and reported it anyway. Do you think a cop would have gone to the house if it was known beforehand that it was a BB gun? It makes more sense that the instructor thought it was a real gun.

None. The cops went and determined nothing was wrong.

There was no laws violated to have the cops even go out. Now you see why red flag laws are so dangerous.

If anything the teacher invade the kids privacy.

1 Like

Lol. Ok. How do you think the local FOX affiliate learned about this story?

Why are they investigating the commission of no crime? The teacher may as well say she saw a baseball glove, legally speaking.

Laws don’t have to be broken in order for cops to get involved.

If I hear my neighbors yelling at each other and breaking things, am I invading their privacy by calling the cops?

After getting noting but ■■■■■■■■ from the school and school board the mother probably went to the media.

That seems like what you have to do these days to get your rights recognized by those who think they have all the power.

1 Like

So we can call the cops on anybody? Should I call the cops because you’re with your daughter or grand daughter?

you see…we all can jump to conclusions.

1 Like

And the cops would have said they don’t check on students with baseball gloves. You’d have to ask the cops involved why they thought visiting the house was warranted.

Is it your business?

You at least had a reasonable suspicion a crime may be taking place. What reasonable suspicion did this teacher have? In other words, when you call that in, you are giving them probable cause to investigate. Having a gun on your wall, even if you are a minor does not in any way provide probable cause a crime may be being committed.

1 Like

Kind of my point, but the teacher was at fault to, she also had no reason to believe a crime was or had been committed.

An equally believable story, yes.

If I think my neighbor is in danger? Yes.

Ask the cops.

Of course it’s believable, she indicated in the story all her efforts directed to the school were fruitless and basically ignored.

Sure. Again, FOR WHATEVER REASON the teacher was concerned and reported this to the school resource officer. The cops FOR WHATEVER REASON felt it was necessary to check the house.

THEY WERE ALL DOING THEIR JOBS.

Your idea of danger is not everyone else’s idea of danger.