Biden's Stimulus Package

While they are at it, change the title of this thread. I can’t make it go out of my head.

1 Like

The school districts have already been cranking out the money through property tax increases since covid started they will be doing fine. 35% increase in Nashville alone. Imagine if you or I had the power during a pandemic to turn to our neighbor and tax each one of them that sounds more similar to the mafia than a republic.

2 Likes

A trillion has become the new ‘meh’. It wasn’t looking ago we will all collectively losing our minds that the Iraq war cost a trillion dollars. These days not so much, I am definitely not long the U.S dollar I was a few years ago.

1 Like

Theory is, it doesn’t matter if everyone else is doing it too. No idea if that is a valid position.

people in nc are doing just fine without having to be told by nj what are wages should be,

no

1 Like

within a few years they will begin monetizing the debt. there really won’t be a choice. raising min wage is a part of that. wage inflation will lead to higher inflation in general.

1 Like

So Biden isn’t offering the full $2,000 after he said the voters would get it if both Senators won in Georgia? Just shows that if you are going to sell your vote you should get the money in your hand before you give your vote.
Maybe Biden should be the one talking about "The Art of the Deal’.

Both sides kicking the can down the road, it’s
Terrifying looking at the unfunded liabilities much less the debt. I haven’t looked since 2014 or so lol.

Another reason to impeach him, pretty sure buying votes is illegal.

3 Likes

I’m good with it. Imma get paper.

And I get, to pay for it, again.

3 Likes

Same here all I have seen since covid is catching the :bat: virus, no stimulus check (Didn’t qualify either time) and my property taxes went up again.

1 Like

Aren’t you a. . .toll collector?

I mean seriously, can’t even be bothered to direct it to people who were negatively impacted to reduce the cost.

1 Like

who decides who was negatively impacted? whats the criteria?

Losing your job or having to close your business. Why give money to people who never missed a paycheck? Besides buying their vote I mean.

1 Like

people who lost their jobs were negatively impacted? what did we give them all that money for?

Some were, some came out ahead given the amount of stimulus they received. But the people who never missed a paycheck weren’t negatively impacted.

very few. the majority of those who were laid off were low income and got more money for being unemployed than they did working… the vast majority.

I know, one of my nieces posts photo’s of her trips to Florida to relax on the beach every time a stimulus is pushed out.