Biden's Stimulus Package

Direct payments of $1,400 to most Americans, bringing the total relief to $2,000, including December’s $600 payments

Increasing the federal, per-week unemployment benefit to $400 and extending it through the end of September

Increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour

Extending the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums until the end of September

$350 billion in state and local government aid

$170 billion for K-12 schools and institutions of higher education

$50 billion toward Covid-19 testing

$20 billion toward a national vaccine program in partnership with states, localities and tribes

Making the Child Tax Credit fully refundable for the year and increasing the credit to $3,000 per child ($3,600 for a child under age 6)

The minimum wage should be taken out, that will just give blue dogs an excuse to vote no.

Ideally, the unemployment benefit can be increased to $600 again.

I hope this is not just a wishlist. I expect Biden to be in the mix with congress, doing the work to negotiate for what he wants.

More wasteful borrowed spending.

What should be done?

Liability protection for open businesses.

Targeted grants to restaurants.

Open schools now.

Hire Trump as economic advisor.

China Joe had a bad case of elder mouth yesterday.

3 Likes

Why do they need this?

That’s what the 170 billion is for, as well as a portion of the 350 billion.

To fend off opportunistic lawsuits and open.

Grants to businesses who were cited or targeted for closure by state fiat.

1 Like

That wasn’t necessary for other illnesses. It’s not necessary now. There’s no need for congress to screen businesses from the mere possibility of due process. A judge can decide if the case has merit or not.

Definitely not for those who were cited. That’s rewarding bad behavior. The ones that closed properly need to be included in the eviction moratorium, if that’s not already the case.

Biden said that food and rent will get the economy rolling.

That is the only spending that has happened during Covid.

Now we are back to “the government creates the jobs.”

I’m already missing the in-touch leader that knows better and acts on that knowledge.

1 Like

What happens to the people who own the properties that are not getting paid? I’ve never heard their is any kind of relief for them?

4 Likes

J’Biden promised the voters in Georgia $2,000.00 in exchange for their votes; he reneged! Arguably a bribe but nonetheless now the amount is not as promised?
Suckers, this is a bailout for blue states who now cannot balance their budgets because of businesses closing. The taxpayers should be elated as the money machine in the sky churns out trillions of dollars that cannot possibly be repaid. Meanwhile the ChiComs must be sitting patiently waiting for America to go bankrupt; then they’ll make their global move.

4 Likes

I’ve been hearing about the jobs that Trump, as the head of the government, has been creating for 4 years now.

2 Likes

I completely agree that the minimum wage should be taken out. I do basically agree with his other stimulus proposals.

1 Like

Even people in Texas need a living wage.

I disagree.

Allan

Is this 1.9 trillion more on spending?

1 Like

Trump is responsible for producing an environment so that people can operate businesses and hire people.

He got government out of our way so that we could thrive. That is the opposite of the businesses under Obama/Biden with their regulations and high taxes.

1 Like

Lol so the government created jobs when it’s beneficial to you politically.

4 Likes

Do republicans actually expect people believe they are concerned about fiscal responsibility now?

Talk aboit gaslighting…

3 Likes

When the first spending bill was passed in the Trump administration, Nancy Pelosi asked "where is the jobs bill?"

There was no “jobs bill” under the Trump Administration and look at the employment rate. :joy_cat:

1 Like

Personally, I think “we” have a lot more money than the public is let on to. There’s plenty enough for social programs and defense.

2 Likes

Keep raising the minimum wage. The company that makes those automatic checkout machines are making a fortune. I hope they send Joe a Christmas card and a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue.

1 Like

Now after trump spent like a drunk sailor.

now when Biden becomes POTUS.

Suddenly you get fiscal on us.

Please you partisan ways are showing.

Allan

1 Like