Biden to Announce Student Loan Forgiveness

While I tend to agree, Please get back to me when your caucus feels the same way about corporate welfare and too big to fail.

1 Like

marcuse universities

1 Like

I will, if I ever get a caucus.

1 Like

It certainly doesn’t.

Wasteful and fuels inflation instead of alleviating it.

1 Like

6 Likes

Banks get bailed out.

Time to bail out normal people.

2 Likes

If a college education is such a great investment why would this be necessary?

5 Likes

Was inflation a problem in 2020? 2021? The inflationary cost of this is already baked in.

This will likely be the last extension of not having to pay on these loans. What will be the inflationary effect of starting repayments again?

You took on an obligation when you sought out and signed for those loans for your extended adolescence to study early 13th century masterbatory techniques in eastern Persia and now people who actually provide a useful function in the economy get to bear the burden.

6 Likes

There has already been billions already forgiven. Yesterday $10 billion in loans were forgiven.

Why complain about this round of loan forgiveness?

2 Likes

Whereas I don’t necessarily agree with those bank bailouts, those banks were expected to repay the money. Are students supposed to repay the debt forgiveness at some point? If not, we are not talking about the same thing.

3 Likes

Expect more forgiveness in 2024. In about August.

6 Likes

That is known as tax cuts.

Because we created a society that made a college degree equivalent to a high school diploma of the 70’s and 80’s when you could get out of HS and get a well-paying job.

1 Like

We want less inflation.

How much will your plumber charge the next time that waste line needs snaked to the street? Even more than inflation because he is getting soaked for social science tuition by strangers.

3 Likes

Truck driver makes more than 6 figures with that old HS diploma so that is all nonsense.

The blue collar workers will be furious as they should be.

1 Like

1 Like

This is something the globalist, “Never Trumper”, Mitt Romney types would do so no.

4 Likes

Half of this country can’t drive cars, they certainly wouldn’t be able to drive trucks. Even most trades require you to go to trade school out of HS because unless you are born into a family that does it, most businesses don’t want to pay you while they train you.

Median personal income in 2020 was around 56k. The cut off for the 10k being talked about is 125k. This is the most regressive plan I recall ever seeing…along with paying people to buy EVs while some will be trying to dig up money to buy used ICEs on their own.
At least Obama gave the money to people driving “junkers”.

3 Likes