Biden to Announce Student Loan Forgiveness

The banks are going to love this. When can we expect our home mortgages and car loans to be forgiven Joe? My wife needs a new car and we’re both on a fixed income. Can we just go get one and someone else pay for it?
■■■■■■■ morons.

3 Likes

I’m for this and I’m not even eligible. If we can give billions to corporations, we can forgive billions for the common person.

6 Likes

So they have more of an incentive to not work?
Bull ■■■■■

1 Like

Who do you know with 10k student debt that does not work?

4 Likes

Unless they just graduated, $10,000.00 is chump change. You could make $10 Large working part time at Walmart in 6-8 months.
My youngest has a 4 year undergraduate degree, an MFA and studied at the International School of Art in Florence Italy. She always had a job while going to school and paid off her loans years ago.
I have acquaintances who are business and restaurant owners who can’t get 20 somethings to show up for work let alone do their jobs and they quit out of being pressured to do so! You ■■■■■■■ kidding? You owe student loans and don’t want to work because you borrowed to get a degree in basket weaving and can’t get that high dollar gig the college scammed you into?
■■■■ you dumbass, you could have learned how to be a plumber or an electrician making six figures!
:joy:

3 Likes

I agree, there needs to be mortgage loan forgiveness and car loan forgiveness as well.

3 Likes

Obvious at this point that Democrats actually believe spiking inflation is sound policy. That, and discouraging all forms of personal responsibility.

5 Likes

A giveaway to wealthy Americans.

4 Likes

This will definitely help the working-class. Sounds good. President Biden has pleasantly surprised this progressive. Dude is straight up banging out another new deal with these constant policy wins.

2 Likes

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 17-34-05 Instagram

All those who think this is a good idea… enjoy your inflation rise.

https://ussanews.com/2022/08/23/top-democrat-and-republican-economists-agree-that-bidens-student-loan-will-worsen-inflation/

7 Likes

Should we give a rebate to everyone who paid off their loans as they agreed to do? If not, why not? How about a rebate to everyone who paid for their education out of pocket without going in debt? Are not they just as deserving? Or perhaps give everyone who did not go to college because they couldn’t afford it, but did not choose to go into debt?

Where does it stop? Corporate welfare aside (that’s a completely different topic for conversation,) what is the rationale behind rewarding those who have unpaid loan balances while ignoring the millions of people who already fulfilled their financial obligations? How is that fair? What message does that send to people who worked off their educational debts?

5 Likes

Yep. Even just putting $50 per week (the cost of a latte/per day and one lunch out per week) aside to pay off the loan would accomplish that end in four years. It’s a matter of priorities for the vast majority of these “destitute” debtors.

1 Like

Don’t forget credit cards. :wink:

1 Like

In effect, yes. The typical recipient of this “gift” comes from an upper middle class to lower upper class family.

2 Likes

If this was a Republican who did this I will bet dollars to dog nuts that you would be cheering it on.

It will help this select (and relatively small) group of working (or not) class folks, but it will hurt the middle-class on the whole. Not only does it punish those who struggled to pay off their own loans (if they had them) but the increment to inflation will affect them all.

2 Likes

Bingo!

2 Likes

I hope you like dog nuts, because you are wrong.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t feel punished.

Are you eligible for every tax break or credit available? I don’t need other people to struggle just because I did.

4 Likes