Biden administraton lists the first 10 drugs that Medicare will target for price cuts

Biden is doing nothing.

They should have called itā€¦Dog Eat Dog Law.

Well then, donā€™t go around saying untrue things like

Medicare Plan A nor Medicare Plan B pay for prescriptions. That is not untrue. Please enlighten others and myself which ā€œMedicareā€ is paying for prescriptions you are referring to?
My meds are covered by a supplemental plan I/ we pay a monthly ( deducted from SS benefit) each month.

1 Like

Well he did do this

Just not so sure he actually knew what was happening.

1 Like

My goodness, if you donā€™t even know this most basic information, what the hell are you doing in this conversation?!

1 Like

Waiting on an answer to a question. Veiled insults arenā€™t conversation.
Hereā€™s a simple one. Are you a Medicare recipient?
Yes or no will do. Please, spare us the word salads.

1 Like

Well, as I said earlier, you need to do your research. Here, Iā€™ll give you a hint:

Wait thereā€™s more:
You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and/or Part B to enroll in Part D. Medicare drug coverage is only available through private plans. If you have Medicare Part A and/or Part B and you do not have other drug coverage (creditable coverage), you should enroll in a Part D plan.
https://www.medicareinteractive.org ā€ŗ .
How much does Medicare Part D usually cost?
Average national premium is $32.74/ month.

4 Likes

Well done.

While itā€™s true the US government canā€™t really do anything about other countries price controls, the pharma companies could just not sell to them at their ā€œcontrolledā€ price.

And if the US starts dictating what itā€™s willing to pay, thatā€™s probably exactly what will happen.

1 Like

1 Like

Why would pharma companies stop selling to their largest customer?

1 Like

It will not happen.

From a vote winning perspective the Republicans are on thin ice. Instinctively they want to oppose it but big pharma is not exactly loved by the electorate and if the Republicans push to hard it will be perceived as them helping the pharma companies to keep their profits in the billions.

1 Like

If Democrats really wanted to reduce Big Pharma monopoly they would reimpose advertising restrictions.

Quit pretending talking is a deliverable.

It is merely a start.

Well, at least itā€™s a start.

Also, in our current judicial climate, I think advertising restrictions would be struck down.

Probably true.

Judges arenā€™t that expensive compared to legislators.

That would be the better move.

75 percent of TV advertising is pharma.

Didnā€™t Trump actually lower the cost of insulin? Seems like I read that somewhere.

1 Like

exactly. that didnt hurt too much now did it.

biden did an excellent job for some citizens who need these medicines.

still not voting for him.

Allan

The job is not done.