Beto's accomplishments? - "We don't know"

You guys are making some impressive leaps today. Stop with the strawmen.

I never said I agree with it. I understand it.

He expressed a personal opinion. It’s his, not “wrong”.

Up is on. Down is off!

1 Like

Do you agree that vet care isnt a good path for animal lovers or not ?

And then there’s you. Have a nice day.

Awww Thank You

Hes wrong. And so are you and flame heart. I’m sorry that you’re definitions of love are fairies and smiles.

I wasnt arguing any of that. Read the thread.

1 Like

Wild Rose said: “Sometimes you have to put that love aside…”

And then you accused him of saying that vets don’t love animals. I think that your interpretation of things might be accurate, in this case. What he was saying is that some things require pain in order to get better, and to see a patient suffer really pulls at people’s heart strings, especially doctors’. Thus, what he was saying is, you have to put your emotions aside in order to treat the patient.

Dont snip his post. He said it wasn’t a good career path for animal lovers. And NO. You dont put love aside. You do it because of love. If you have a child that cant walk or needs a lot of care do you “put your love aside” because its painful? Lol. What a weird definition of love

An opinion is not wrong. It is his. You don’t get to decide.

No. He said being vet isnt good career path for animal lovers because you have to put love aside. Which is wrong.

Hes wrong. That’s my opinion. :joy:

1 Like

They have to work with animals that are in pain or suffering, but vets nowadays are trained to do much of their work without “inflicting” more pain and suffering upon them. And to humanely manage their pain.

He’s not wrong, you have a different opinion. Guess what?

Hes wrong…

I think so. They want to help animals. Many vets have pets themselves.

Do psychologists not like people with mental health issues? Do pediatricians not like kids? (Though I think there are all kinds of reasons why doctors choose a specific subspecialty).

I would imagine they do. It’s just that sometimes you have to work with the rational side of your brain in order to get things done, in order to help. If an ER surgeon was emotional, couldn’t think due to worry over whether a patient was going to live, do you think that they would be able to perform as well if they had no emotions clouding their judgement? Or do you think they would put emotions aside temporarily in order to be in best shape in order to help the patient?

1 Like

And yet still have to inflict more pain in order to treat them, even nowadays. And guess what? Sometimes the additional pain doesn’t help.

Again I’m not arguing that. Nor was WR arguing that. Do you agree that vet care is a good career path for animal lovers?

Okay, maybe he could have worded things a bit differently, but common sense would say that vets do love animals. Why would they choose to become a vet in the first place?

No he’s not. And neither are you.