Behold the power of The Hogg!

I am sure he just a tiny bit upset at seeing some of classmates dead.

Allan

Like the one we used to have or is his proposal differ?

Allan

Since he’s insisting they don’t belong in the hands of the public at all I’d say substantially different.

I like the one we have here in jersey.

I would like to hear what his proposal is.

And see how it differs from the previous federal ban.

Allan

I think the 2nd Amendment covers it nicely.

This is what is banned in new Jersey’s legslation:

(v) a bayonet mount;

(vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor,  muzzle break, or muzzle compensator; or

(vii) a grenade launcher; or

Damn it where the ■■■■ is the edit feature?

You guys in Jersey having problem with bayonet and grenade attacks?

With respect, you two should really learn what your talking about before continuing with these baseless attacks about trespassing and no respect for the constitution or business owners, etc…

Here is a link to a local story about it. Watch the video where you can hear Mr. Hogg tell everyone that they are going in at 4pm for 12 minutes and if the store ask them to leave they will leave. They did not ask them to leave.

Did you catch that? They DID NOT ask them to leave.

Counter protesters chanting “Trump” and “NRA” over and over were every bit as big a distraction and you can see some of them in action starting at about 1:20 in the video. You can also here Mr. Hogg at that point speaking with a lot more maturity about the gun disagreement than some in here are showing.

Management at a second location also did not interfere or ask anyone to leave as long as they didn’t block customers.

So please stop with all the foolish rhetoric like Mr. Hogg and these concerned people are devils incarnate.

I tried to be helpful.

What is my source ?

Army Technical Manual TM 43-0001-27,
ARMY AMMUNITION DATA SHEETS
SMALL CALIBER AMMUNITION.
There you will find jacketed and unjacketed ammunition called “ball”.

Well then he’s cooling his rhetoric because as of a few weeks ago he was still lambasting those people with whom he’s going to eventually have to cooperate in order to make any semblance of headway into what he wants.

Or not…since on his Twitter feed he lambastes a couple (whose photo is posted) who continued to shop for groceries without looking at their protest.

They have no idea what that couple is thinking. There’s no reason for such shaming on Twitter.

Just do your protest as is your right, and those who respond respond, Nd those who do ‘t…leave them alone.

It’s using the definition of “standard military ammo” being ball which hasn’t been correct in a hundred years.

Knowing the army, I’m not surprised.

It’s a throwback to actual ball ammo from the 19th century and before.

Referring to anything other than FMJ’s as “military ball ammunition” simply isn’t correct.

They can, and often do.

But here’s the thing. Most rounds for the AR15 do not. Why? Because most common rounds for the AR15 are FMJ and are not designed to expand and dump their energy. And since the bullet has such a small frontal section, it tends to just go in one side and out the other.

Yes you can buy expanding hollow point bullets for and AR, but midst people don’t.

And anyone that uses the term “high power assault rifle” in reference to an AR… compare the ARs impact numbers to a .308 shooting a 180gr bullet at 2750fps… and it’s a hollow point. And then realize that .308 still tends to be on the mild side for a rifle round. 5.56 has its uses…high impact isn’t one of them.

You have a different definition of lambastes than I do. He retweeted and commented on a photographer’s tweet.

Now I did not read all of the comments but in what I did read, I didn’t see anyone insulting the couple. I just agreed that it was very symbolic of the way this country deals with the deaths from these mass shootings now.

It’s just another day at the market… And there is something wrong with that.

Only about 300 something people nation wide get killed by a rifle.

Chances are he’s never treated a rifle wound before…of any caliber.

I would have wheeled my cart over them while pretending they weren’t there. :sunglasses:

I appreciate that, but what was the doctor comparing? The most common gun used in mass murders is a 9 mm. That caliber is a pea shooter compared to many other hand gun calibers, not just when compared to .233. And the most common ammunition used in 9 mms is also ball (as WR said, it’s cheaper) which, just like when used in the AR, is less damaging to a body.

I have done no research on the question, but I would wager that, while they are used less often than 9 mms, other more powerful handguns, and other more damaging (than ball) bullets,which can do more damage and cause more death than an AR firing ball ammo, are used more often in mass murders than “heinous” (my word, not yours) ARs are. That that particular gun is the focus of Hogg and others like him, is an emotional response based on appearance and myth, not on facts. Banning it will have zero effect on prettying or even reducing the severity of mass shootings.

This forum lacks the ability to sort by member posts so I cannot check without rereading the whole thread, but I could swear that I have seen you praising Hogg in this thread. If I am mistaken, I apologize. IMO, Hogg is on thin legal ice with his tactics some of which have all the hallmarks of extortion.

He may have won the battle, but he’s on track to lose the war.

It’s actually known as disorderly conduct and trespassing. Civil disobedience is conducted against civil authority, not against private individuals and/or businesses.