Barr tells Trump to Stop Tweeting About DOJ

For those who cannot get beyond the paywall.

" WASHINGTON — In an extraordinary rebuke of President Trump, Attorney General William P. Barr said on Thursday that Mr. Trump’s attacks on the Justice Department had made it “impossible for me to do my job” and asserted that “I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody.”

Mr. Barr has been among the president’s most loyal allies and denigrated by Democrats as nothing more than his personal lawyer but publicly challenged Mr. Trump in a way that no other sitting cabinet member has.

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody,” Mr. Barr said in an interview with ABC News. “And I said, whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial board, or the president, I’m going to do what I think is right. I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

Someone explain this please. Trump has tweeted attacks on the prosecutors, the judge and jury in the Roger Stone case. Barr responded by reducing the recommended sentence below the federal sentencing guidelines to please Trump. All four prosecutors at DOJ resigned in protest.

Isn’t this a bit like closing the barn door after the cows have left?

If Barr is trying to salvage his reputation outside of the MAGA crowd… ain’t gonna happen.

On today’s episode of Libs Hate Trump, libs can’t get Trump’s name out of their heads. :rofl:

3 Likes

Think of Trump as the AOC of the right… They function is sort of the same way.

Translation for Barr - It makes it really, really hard for me to do all of my corrupt ■■■■ with him constantly pointing it out with his tweets.

5 Likes

Yeah. It’s really unusual to have that many trump threads on a politics forum.

6 Likes

Barr needs to learn his place. It’s not his job to be second guessing the president.

Sort of. One of them dominates the minds, mouths, and posting habits of the libs, and the other shows up sporadically to be part of the comic relief for the cons. But yeah, sort of. :man_shrugging:

That never happened when Obama was President. :rofl:

1 Like

I know, right? We should only discuss things that make you happy. Now can you stop trying to derail the thread and actually discuss the subject matter?

3 Likes

Who knew the president would be such an important tropic in politics…

1 Like

That’s how you get memed, bro.

3 Likes

Most Republican checked out in 2016 just about being edgy meme lords

3 Likes

Trying so hard…

Meme? Did somebody say meme?

tenor%20(2)

1 Like

Cool story, bro.

Trump’s response to Barr…LOL.

Totally legal totally cool

Someone tell Susan Collins that Trump hasn’t learned his lesson.

2 Likes

No, you’re cool.

Did nobody inform Barr as to who works for who? Or has he been at DOJ long enough that he thinks he’s the one who got elected President? If he doesn’t like what Trump does, he needs to resign.