Barr tells Trump to Stop Tweeting About DOJ

I must have missed your outrage when Obama frequently commented on ongoing criminal cases.

1 Like

I didn’t but I can if I want to.

He totally did.

Yeah I missed all those ones where he had close friends on trial and commented on reducing their sentences or it would be a tremendous miscarriage of justice.

Oh I know why I missed those.

Because they never happened.

1 Like

This is the set-up for when it is revealed he did.

So he can say “Yeah I did it…so what?”

What statute is it that makes it illegal to comment when it involves someone you know personally but legal to comment if you don’t? And wasn’t Gates someone Obama knew? You remember him right?

He was asked what his opinion was by the press.

But it is totally the same as tweeting it out there and hours later the Attorney General intervening.

Such short memories.

Ok, show me the statute that makes it ok if you are responding to a question from the press but not if you bring it up on your own? Nope, it is either legal for a President to comment on ongoing cases or it isn’t.

Obama opened the door releasing thousands of drug dealers from prison. For political reasons.

With gun charges.

Why is the name Henry Louis Gates running through my mind?

I don’t know, blind to how its (d)ifferent I guess.

A total miscasting of what happened that has been addressed already.

But the truth doesn’t match up to the Power Of The Scary Sound Bite that keeps Trump supporters angry at libs and scared at all the rapists and drug dealers the libs want to loose upon them.

:roll_eyes:

Don’t both of them work for the American people?

Yeah, no idea why people go around scare mongering about democrats unleashing drug dealers on us. lol

The President was as asked about and commented on the incident with Gates one day after the charges were dropped on him.

There was no “ongoing case”

So please get out of here with trying to make a direct comparison.

It just doesn’t work.

Obama released drug dealers who release harsh sentences under mandatory minimum laws. Donald Trump ran a very powerful ad during the Super Bowl focused on one instance where he did the same thing. I don’t see anyone complaining about Trump releasing drug dealers… because the claim would be inappropriate in both cases.

And Obama’s numbers were in the hundreds, not the thousands.

Intervened reducing established sentencing guidelines.

With gun charges.

Reference please

Do a search. I posted it a long time ago. Picked quite a few at random at looked at the charges.

Hard to be sneaky about getting around the law when your orange boss keeps giving away the game on Twitter.