Bad news, yes, the wall is being built

The wall is not a full solution by any means yes they can build a structure to get over or as you point out under which the cartels have been doing for decades. It’s purpose is to deter and slow down. It might get noticed people are trying to get over it and stopped quicker than just a swim across the river.

It would have never come to this if the politicians hadn’t been kicking the migration can down the road.

1 Like

Oh I fully get that. I was just wondering how deep some thought it would go, that would make it impossible.

Did I say that? No…this is just people putting words into my mouth again. I am simply saying that the wall is climbable and We may never know how many people actually make it over by climbing it. If it stops even 50 % of illegals I think Trump claims it is worth it. Maybe it is.

To deep El Chapo showed they could did a tunnel very deep no foundation besides perhaps a skyscraper would go that deep much less a wall.

Yep, that’s my point.

Konssurvative1 - Yes, there are always a few in every crowd. A select # of dare devils will attempt to conquer most anything. And let’s not forget the elderly, too weak or very young to try such dangerous maneuvers.

Fact: Between 1901 and 1995, 15 people went over Niagara Falls (from the Canada border). 13 in barrels and one each in a kayak and a jet ski. To your point, those are the only ones we know about. I imagine many, many more perished taking the plunge where no one knows if and where their bottoms dropped out.

Hmmm: 10 of them survived

Ummm: Successfully climbing illegally is still no guarantee for safe passage over the long haul either.

2 Likes

30 - 40% of illegal immigrants are people who have over stayed their VISAs, yet this problem is rarely addressed and no wall will help solve it.

1 Like

SixFoot - radar, go figure, nice to know, thanks

1 Like

I’m not sure of the spec’s on the wall but I would assume at least 10’ deep and wide.

We effectively have a 30’ tall sail in the air and it’s going to have to be very well anchored.

I suspect there are solid steel pilings running much deeper ever 30’ or so as well.

1 Like

You can’t go deep enough to make tunneling impossible, but with the right sensors in the ground you can detect when they are being dug and then deal with them.

Feel free to direct your questions to the WH as only they would have all of that detail.

How much completely new rather than replacement is irrelevant. What’s being replaced is fencing that isn’t posing a deterrent or enough of one to matter and the so called vehicle barriers which amount to nothing more than steel rails or typical barbed wire ranch fencing neither of which stop foot traffic, the main method of crossing illegally.

Best estimates I can find say there will be upwards of 250 mi of the new bollard fencing by election day and that’s a pretty good start.

1 Like

It needed to be done regardless simply for national security reasons.

Since all of it will be monitored with video and QRF CP&B teams I think we’ll have a very good measure of how many make it.

So far where the new barriers have been erected crossings are down 95-99% which is a very good start.

If 50-100k or less make it across each year that’s a number that can actually be dealt with in the federal justice system. The 500-900K we’ve been seeing simply cannot be hence the emergency.

1 Like

Tunnels are very expensive to dig and with the right monitoring easily detected.

When your boat is sinking you plug the biggest holes first and work your way down.

If we don’t know how many illegals are in the country, how do we know how many are crossing the border illegally?

The same way we did during the Obama years, the CP&B has a good formula for estimating the numbers. Once we have electronic monitoring the full length of the border we’ll be able to actually count them as they make it over.

1 Like

WildRose, thanks again for sharing this info

2 Likes

Agreed we have seen the answer from the other side “Come on in and the taxpayers will pay your healthcare”.

1 Like

Citation needed.