Bad news, yes, the wall is being built

The numbers vary a bit over time but this has been very consistent.

2 Likes

I would like to see an 8 month pregnant woman do it🙂

1 Like

So the folks who are pleased at the “wall is being built” have no idea how much is being built, what the project costs, what its long term impact will be and what is being given up to achieve whatever is being built.

Doesn’t take much to make Trump Cult members happy apparently.

We can see how much is being built pretty much daily because this website is constantly updated.

https://www.trumpwall.construction/

Long term impact? We know it will be a significant deterrent to Illegal aliens.

If it works as advertised it will pay for itself in less than a decade no matter who pays for it initially.

I’m happy as long as it gets built.

Cost? Estimates run about 15-20bn.

1 Like

It’s better than the come on over and get free taxpayer healthcare message after your cross message that every democratic raised their hands they were for on the first debate.

I will talk the wall over the end of the nation state.

How will it “pay for itself.” We have heard that about the Trump tax cut and clearly that was a lie used to sell the tax cut and no more.

Study from Yale yesterday described how Medicare For All would balance the cost of the program with reductions in health care costs. Do you have a reason to refute their analysis.

Do you have anything comparable to justify the costs of the wall. Nation states have many ways to guarantee their borders. Why is a wall the sole salvation of the nation state?

When Mexico hands over that check. Anything is is just another expense handed off on tax payers. Or siphoned from Navy or wherever else Trump decides.

Yep…and now…I’m done listening to their bull feces and kicking this can down the road. Build the wall.

It will stop way more than 50%.

Children won’t be climbing it.

:children_crossing:

You have to build it to find out what’s in it.

1 Like

$2,500 per person and you can keep your coyote.

One step at a time. I see this type of illegal entry getting more attention now that the fence is moving forward.

DACA needs a more permanent solution and Trump has shown a willingness to bargain for this group to stay in exchange for other enforcement and migrant limiting measures.

That is all completely wrong.

Spray rhetoric with no glue.

It’s just a very good fence.

One we need and can afford with savings in ICE and DNS manpower alone justifying the cost.

“Salvation of the nation state” Some bombastic rhetoric there…Not so far off though.

…nor pregnant women.

1 Like

How much does the cost along the Guatemala border count?

I say 100%

But three young men who tried to evade the National Guard through the low brush were intercepted and sent back to the Guatemalan side.

Those who did make it faced numerous difficulties on the path into Mexico, however, with checkpoints and more patrols searching for and detaining migrants.

“We have seen and confirm that there are groups that have dispersed the length of the Suchiate River, which they try to cross at different border points,” said Father Fernando Cuevas, who runs the Casa del Migrante shelter in the Guatemalan border town of Tecun Uman.

“Nevertheless there is the National Guard in Mexico, there are migration agents, they are aware of it and making detentions at key points,” he continued.

Ruins the coyote business if they can’t get their cargo over.

Sex trade workers are not good climbers or diggers.

Does it come with an inbuilt ladder or is it self-service?

Robert Frost, Ronald Reagan and a ladder might.