Bad news, yes, the wall is being built

Nice find WR.

That is well done and the progress is impressive.

The wall with DHS and ICE flying drones along it will be tough to get through undetected.

:children_crossing:

1 Like

You don’t touch our side
we don’t touch your side

its a gentleman agreement.
Its quite funny its a clear cut 20 foot gap across mountains, forests, swamps, etc.

I saw the picture. It is amusing. :grin:

Not quite but 95-98% effective at deterring illegal crossings is certainly a huge improvement.

3 Likes

You bet it is.

The hysteria against a national yard fence tells me it would be worth FIVE times the cost.

:children_crossing:

1 Like

Amen to that! :+1:

That’s good news, the bad news is the Democrats are still ignoring our Laws that were created to protect the American people.

IT didn’t get blown down.

one short section at the end of a line was blown over at an angle because it was under construction and the footings hadn’t yet been poured.

It took less than a day to right it and pick up where they left off.

1 Like

WildRose: Wonderful visuals, thanks for sharing. On the footings’ what’s your understanding on how many feet deep pourings typically go?

Broadcasting new border wall for everyone to see,…will be the best reelection commercial ever done. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

How deep would they have to be to make tunneling impossible? Bet they aren’t that deep.

That video warmed my heart, thanks for sharing.

Someone is clueless about construction.

A few questions:

1. How much of the border that previously did not have wall/fence will be covered by the end of 2020?
  2. What’s the overall schedule – how much will be built and in what timeframe?
  3. What is being spent on this?
  4. What is a ten year projection of the cost to maintain this structure?
  5. Given that the administration is diverting funds from other projects to build this, what projects are being cancelled/deferred?

It is fine to celebrate that something is being done, but I think a broader understanding is needed to evaluate this.

And what is the over under on number of times the wall is actually climbed successfully from one side to another. I mean there are actually videos of people who have actually done it.

I put the over/under at 100 times in the first year of completion…and I take the over. But the questions is how will anyone know?

Is this existing wall repairs or new wall?

Demon, poor choice of words, my bad, the concept of “impossible” now deleted off my post. Hard to imagine that the various wall engineers and architects would make it easy to tunnel underneath though. Then some areas are probably solid rock formations way, way deep down. Still curious if anyone knows how deep the concrete footings typically go down?

Ground Penetrating Radar, folks. Look it up. :man_shrugging:

Are you saying if the wall stops 95 percent of illegal crossing it isn’t worth it?

1 Like

It won’t.

We have zero clue how many people are coming across the border illegally. We only know what we can catch.