Avengers: Endgame sets first day pre sales record

Great movie. Way to finish it off. My wife, who is only a fan because my son loves mcu, actually cried a few times.

Summary

Cap wielding Thor’s hammer was the climax of the movie. I hated to see Tony go, but it was awesome to see him turn Thanos and his minions to dust. It was a nice moment of reflection for Thanos as he sat there pondering his failure after Tony snapped. There were some holes here and there, but overall, the character’s made up for those holes with their exchanges. It made the movie personable, and gave us a view of what their lives would be like going forward. I’m looking forward to the Asgardians of the Galaxy. Fat Thor was a perfect character twist not only for a laugh but also to humanize him. Ragnarok was the best thing to happen to Thor, and it carried over into the last two Avengers movies.

1 Like

I saw this trailer today, in front of Endgame.

Can’t wait.

Just got back from seeing. Was happy that the spoilers I’d seen were mostly incorrect which left me guessing much of the time.

Many awesome scenes in the movie especially one worthy scene near the end.

Absolutely 100% was correct on what the final scene would be though not exactly how it would happen as I expected it to be an end credit scene and the character would be deceased and in some sort of heaven but otherwise it was exactly what I expected for the final scene and this character.

I did have to google who one kid at the end in a certain scene at the end was. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who had no clue as whole articles have been written about this kid as many apparently were perplexed. Once I found out I understood why I didn’t recognize him as I’ve only seen the relevant movie one time and the kid was MUCH younger then and easily forgettable unless you were really a fan of that particular movie.

Summary

At the funeral scene near the back of the crowd there is a teen standing by himself. He was apparently the little kid from Iron Man 3 who helped Tony mid movie.

Overall it was a highly satisfying movie in every way though Carol’s new look was BAD. I don’t care if its comic accurate or not, it was a bad wig. Plus not all women can pull off short haircuts and judging by this wig Brie Larson, who is normally attractive, is not one of them.

1 Like

Cut out just this part of your post since its not spoilerish. I absolutely agree. I didn’t really like either of the first two Thor movies and found them and the character utterly bland. Ragnorak on the other hand was AWESOME and like you said I’m glad its carried over into the current Avengers movies.

Also it was cool to see a bunch of nods to iconic comic book scenes in the movie even if they were done much differently here. Hiding it in spoiler text since there is no way to discuss them otherwise:

Summary

Cap wielding Mjolnir was awesome and something he’s done several times in the comics. He was one of the very few besides Thor to ever be able to do it though recent times have added more to the point its not so meaningful anymore.

Hulk holding up a what amounts to a mountain to protect others was lifted straight out of the original Secret Wars mini series. There the bad guys literally drop a mountain on the heroes and Hulk is holding the whole thing on his back to keep it from crushing the heroes.

Cap’s Hail Hydra scene was out of a fairly recent storyline where thanks to alternate timeline shenanigans Cap was a sleeper Hydra agent and you only find out when he says Hail Hydra to someone.

I saw it for the first time this afternoon, with a friend who was seeing it for the 4th time. During that scene, he turned to me and whispered “who the ■■■■ is that kid? I can’t figure it out.”

Ragnkrak is pretty cool. My kid had to force me to watch it. We turned on the active sync hue lighting and it was pretty sick. I like how it reminded me of the corny but kind of great 80s Flash Gordon movie.

If you’re talking about what azI think you are that was the kid from Iron Man 2.

Saw it tonight. It was good, imo not as good as infinity war, but it did tie up all the previous movies, so thats good.

Now the question is where does the MCU go from here?

I know Black Panther 2
Guardians 3
Widow has a stand alone coming.
Spiderman has one coming up this year.
And Marvel will have another.

Saw it earlier this evening. It was good, but I must say 1.5 hours of Game of Thrones had me more wrecked than 3 hours of Endgame.

Oooo, what happened? :smile:

Arya killed Thanos with Thor’s axe just after the Night King invaded Earth.

Has there ever been a better pop culture weekend in history?

Avengers End Game and Battle of Winterfell are possibly the two most anticipated events in their respective mediums (movies and TV) in history and both aired this weekend.

Heck, even though I’m not really a fan you could even throw out that Taylor Swift, the biggest pop star in the world, drop a new song this weekend.

1 Like

I thought the overall action and fight scenes in Infinity War was better too.

I think I liked the lighting in the big fight scene in Infinity Wars better - the lighting in that part of Endgame made things a bit more difficult to see.

I wanted them to play Immigrant Song during that scene.

Is Arya the dragon lady? Sorry don’t watch GOT. I caught an episode or two during the marathon, but never really got into it.

Interesting story on all the records Endgame is breaking. $350 million in the domestic market alone for opening weekend - apparently, these numbers are really getting the industries attention.

It’ll be interesting to see if Endgame can break any all time records or not. Infinity set opening weekend records as well but then fizzled long term ending up 4th all time domestically and internationally. Thats great but disappointing considering how it started. I’d expect Endgame to top Infinity on both fronts but it has to beat Infinity by a LOT to hit #1 domestically or internationally.

I meant to say the kid from Iron Man 3.