Avengers: Endgame sets first day pre sales record

It’s possible Indy knew the Biblical reason for looking, which the audience would have to know as well:

1 Samuel 6:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

Indy says something snarky to the government agents at the beginning like “didn’t you guys go to Sunday school” or something like that, so I think it’s safe to say he would have been familiar with the ark lore, including the stuff in the Bible.

I think you’re really correct here, though-that deleted scene was really how they really intended to get that info across, but I suspect that cutting in order to prevent too much foreshadowing.

That’s true. The addition of that scene would come across as hokie.

So, the auditorium where I am seeing Endgame is one that, in the 20 years since it was built, has never seen greater than 50% of it’s occupancy of 527 seats. As of 3 pm Monday, it was officially sold out for Thursday at the 6 pm viewing - which is the one I will be attending.

The manager (who is a friend of mine) told me last night he’ll have a special gift for everyone as a means of celebrating this being the first sellout crowd for that auditorium.

1 Like

I’ve been finding it amusing how blatant one particular major spoiler has been in the trailers yet very few are picking up on it. I mean its blatant beyond belief and confirms a rumor that popped up quite a while ago about the general thrust of the plot. In spoiler text below.

Summary

Rumor was that the plot would involve a lot of time travel including a future version of Tony Stark traveling to the past to help the modern day Avengers. In the trailers you see a lot of shots of a much older Tony Stark as he has grey hair. Basically confirms the Old Tony theory.

Seeing it Saturday at 1430. Very excited for it and am trying hard to avoid any more spoilers than I already think I know (see my post above).

I must be one of the few that is not excited to see this movie. I will go and see it in a few weeks but I know exactly how it will enc. This is Marvel no superhero ever stays dead permanently. They will continue in the comics in some form or be resurrected in a future movie.

There are a number of excellent Marvel movies but I am just burnt out on them.

I find myself enjoying the DCU far more. Shazam was an outstanding movie and quite dark in places.

But to those of you pumped for this movie I hope you have an absolute blast and it lives up to expectations.

My only advice is to put some jalapenos in your popcorn. The mixture of salty and heat with a sweet coke or pepsi is an absolute treat. And dont forget to throw some chocolate raisins in your popcorn as well.

Excelsior!

Of course the character will continue in the comics. The MCU is not Universe 616. Nothing that occurs in the movies affects the comics or vice versa. However, being as the MCU is live action, I believe character deaths may be more permanent than in the comics.

For example. Steve Rogers: Captain America could die in the MCU, and if Chris Evans doesn’t want to reprise the role then the writers can’t resurrect Steve Rogers without angering the fans. More likely will be for another character to take on the role of Captain America. This makes sense comic-wise as other characters have adopted the title in the past (both Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson have adopted the title.)

No love for Godzilla? New trailer was released yesterday.

1 Like

I made the mistake of getting Endgame tickets for 6pm on Sunday. I don’t think I’ll be able to go home after watching it, and then watch the Battle of Winterfell on the same day.

1 Like

I am worried for Brienne, Pod, Tormund and Jaime :frowning:

If anything happens to Pod I will hurl a brick through the TV.

I expect Theon to die defending Bran as part of his redemptive narrative. His character development has been as complex and excellent as Jaime’s.

Theon is the other I think is in danger; with Brienne (and Jamie) I don’t see where their stories can be taken that is meaningful (other than a glorious ending!), and envision Pod, Tormund, and Jamie as all being prime candidates for making a last stand together with her. Jamie dying might also make Cersei do more than drink wine and wait in KL.

If Brienne were to die in Jaime’s arms, it may well be the last straw for him in terms of his relationship with Cersei. I still expect him to gain the additional title “Queen Slayer.”

His sword definitely would be the most fitting end to her, so good point, there could be more to his story.

Sebastian Stan at one point had an 8 picture deal with Marvel and he’s only appeared in Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity. He was in the end credits of Black Panther but I’m not sure that counts. So my bet is on Bucky taking over as Cap just like he did in the comics when Steve Rogers died.

Cannot wait, my son and I are very excited for it

Well, tonight’s the night for me. Getting ready to head out to get some dinner, then see Endgame. Can’t wait!

All I can say is wow. It may have been due to it being opening night, but the crowd was really energized. Cheering, sobbing, laughing, and a standing ovation at the end. I would put this one pretty close to Infinity War as far as the quality of the film. There are so many twists and turns in the movie, it will keep you guessing all the way to the end. I have a hard time imagining a more appropriate way to close out the decade long series. Yes, it’s 3 hours long, but it is worth it.

1 Like

Just got lucky on fandango with some seats while on a beach trip and took my son. Lots of fun. I heart captain marvel - she’s maybe made me unbored with this universe again.

1 Like

I went with my boys and saw it. I thought it was fantastic. Like others have said a lot of plot twists. I thought a couple of points a little problematic. Certainly doesnt ruin the movie at all. The ending was good and found myself saying at least it is an ending with closure, which i find most important to any movie.
What i really liked about the movie was how much humor it used to offset the really heavy scenes.
A job well done.