Avenatti to hold 'resistance rally' in Texas the same night as Trump's campaign

Yes, it’s not hard to find singular cases of individuals who supports anything. The reality is that he has no support base and his “campaign” is nothing more than trolling conservatives who wish he would go through with it

At least that large by the looks of it. I’m astonished that John Kerry would even be thinking about it. He’s 74 and lost a general election.

It’s quite common for someone who loses the primary to run again, but general election losers are not given a second chance. I know Nixon was an exception but that was a long time ago.

That much is true. That Avenatti has an actual chance at being a part of that field of candidates is not. I don’t know a single person IRL who takes him seriously, not one.

None of these news items are from conservative sites. If’ he’s “trolling conservatives” I don’t know why MSM is covering it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-avenatti-says-hes-exploring-a-run-for-president-in-interview-with-des-moines-register-in-iowa/

The same was said by many people about Trump in 2015. No one really thought he had a chance.

Even when he started leading in polls it still was almost impossible to believe he’d win a single primary, until reality finally hit us in the face.

Reporting on his press release is not even remotely the same thing. None of those articles or sites are advocating for an Avenatti candidacy nor are they still talking about it

I know you really want it to happen but it’s not. He has no support base, absolutely none.

Trump had a base. Avenatti does not

Incorrect. I thought he had a real chance almost from the get-go. The instant his supporters started defended the "blood coming from her whatever" comment I knew he wan’t going anywhere

Saying I believe Avenatti is going to run does not mean I hope it happens. If Ds were smart they would nominate someone with wide appeal and who may be an attractive alternative to disgruntled R voters. Someone like Mark Warner.

But they won’t. 2020 will probably be as bad as 2020 was.

And I don’t agree Avenatti has no support base. If that was true, why would he be planning a big rally in Texas with the current heartthrob of the left?

And I disagree no sites are still talking about Avenatti running. A Google search turns up lots of articles, including this from the Daily Beast:

And judging by that crowd in Iowa, Avenatti seems to have some support already. “I think he should jump right in,” Mary Cole, attendee of Iowa’s Wing Ding Dinner told The Daily Beast. “I think we need someone who can beat Trump … Michael Avenatti I think can handle Trump. Michael Avenatti is much smarter.”

See the Daily Beast article. I could find a lot more.

Don’t know why you are so strenuously objecting to Avenatti. If anyone else had a summary of 20 issues they believed in, was spending time in Iowa and NH, said he was seriously exploring a run for POTUS, and was planning a huge campaign rally for a candidate currently getting tons of media attention, I’m sure you would agree that person is probably running.

That’s about the worst thing Democrats could do. Republicans don’t cross over and it’s high time the party stop pandering to people who won’t vote them.

Trump has a 90% approval from Republicans, the remaining 10% isn’t enough to risk alienating the Democratic base.

Man if the universe makes it so gotta choose between avenatti and trump I might just go jump off of something very tall.

Republicans don’t cross over? What about “Republicans” like Murphy and George Will who are advocating conservatives vote for Dems?

Some might consider a D like Warner, but probably not Bernie.

Not when their candidate has a 90% approval rate from them

That is of who is left in the R party. Plenty of conservatives quit the party over the Trump nomination.

1 Like

Again, that’s who is left in the R party. There are people like @NebraskaFootball , myself and others who have never approved or supported Trump and never will.

If Ds nominate someone like Bernie they will probably lose again. Don’t think the country has moved that far left.

1 Like

Who cares who a small minority of the Republican party might possibly vote for when it would de-energize the base? A candidate like Warner is as much a non-starter as Avenatti is.

There are some things you think will happen that you also hope you are wrong about. I’d be happy if this prediction is one of them, but then Ds will probably go with someone very far left so in the end it won’t matter. He or she just might be a bit more likeable though.

They’re covering it because it’s news. (Something Fox knows nothing about.) Just because they’re covering it doesn’t make it doesn’t give him any more legitimacy as a real candidate. Many people say that they’re running or thinking of it. Fewer follow through. He may or he may not. But no one is really taking him seriously now. Yes, I know no one took Trump that seriously in the beginning. But there’s nothing really serious about him yet.

The democrats need to nominate a younger, vibrant candidate. Not a 70 something retread the CEC has had decades to trash.

As for Warner, he was my Senator when I lived in Virginia and I think he would make a great president. With that said he’s about as exciting as a ham sandwich. Trump would trash him to bits and he wouldn’t inspire younger voters.