Army Quietly Purging Immigrants From Its Ranks

Gotcha. Thank you! Good advice and information!

Hey that’s pretty cool!!

1 Like

What browser? What phone type?

I have an iPhone and use both Safari and Dolphin browsers. Each has a “Private” mode which is the same as “ingognito” referenced for desktop browsers.

For Dolphin go to settings and turn on “Private Mode”.

For Safari press and hold the “Pages” icon and then select “Private”.

.>>>>

1 Like

You can’t be an illegal immigrant and join under this program… It’s kind of a coincidence I guess that these new requirements came out last fall… Right around the same time as two federal courts ruled against the DOD implementing “arbitrary and capricious” requirements…

Got it. Thanks.

The Pentagon needs to explain why the change, in clear detail.

1 Like

Yes it is! I cannot take credit for it though. @Who taught me that on the old forum many a moons ago.

Hope she is doing okay by the way. Haven’t heard from her in a while.

I didn’t say that and it doesn’t even matter. Knowing who is immigrating to your country is smart policy whereas not knowing is reckless and rife with risk.

That is an irrelevant question. A country has to deal with its citizens. It does not have to allow immigration.

Then how are DACA getting in?

From Kirwa Docket 29 – October 25, 2017 Memorandum Opinion (re Preliminary Injunction and Provisional Class Certification)

In an attempt to explain the change, defendants’ counsel repeated the now-familiar
refrain that DOD has made the change for “national security” purposes. (10/18/2017 Tr. at 60–
61.) But DOD’s Guidance is not justified by any national security concerns. As the Court
recognized in Nio, national security issues may justify enhanced security screening, see Nio,
2017 WL 3917006, at *8, 11, 13, but N-426 certification is not related to that process.
Importantly, DHS/USCIS is holding all MAVNI naturalization applications pending DOD’s
enhanced security screening so no MAVNI enlistee will naturalize until DOD completes the
screening. And, even if a MAVNI enlistee were to slip through the cracks and obtain citizenship
before screening had been completed, 8 U.S.C. § 1440(c) provides for revocation of citizenship
if a person is separated under other than honorable conditions. Moreover, DOD fully controls
what these enlistees do and have access to before the enhanced security screening is complete.
Therefore, DOD has given no reasoned justification why certifying a form N-426 for
immigration and naturalization purposes implicates our national security.

Kirwa Docket 29 – October 25, 2017 Memorandum Opinion (re Preliminary Injunction and Provisional Class Certification)

I said scale it back to looking for specialties, or kill it. Dem’s would probably rather kill it than take it back to the original intent of the program.

Is that your absurd thinking?

And still others come for other reasons which may not be in the best interests of the United States. Did you overlook the thousands of MS-13 gang members and those looking for free government cheese?

You have just pointed to the reason why a very stringent background check is essential. Do you disagree?

JWK

The primary function of a Supreme Court Justice is to be obedient to the text of our Constitution, and give effect to its documented legislative intent which gives context to its text.

I agree with the judge. Not good enough.

It’s already very specialized… Here are the requirements…

https://www.defense.gov/news/mavni-fact-sheet.pdf

How about for eligibility is just says:

Any person in this country legally in a program or status as passed by law from congress, and the program has permanent status?

I think you are onto the reason for this whole controversy… This is all about adding DACA recipients… Would be kind of funny to add that requirement to a program that was created by a republican executive order… LMAO…

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/07/20020703-24.html

Agreed…however what is missing is an explanation as to why the original measures put in place for the MANVI program were suddenly insufficient to determine that, and why hugely stringent security measures were put in place that seem to be majorly bogging down the process.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see if the Pentagon is forthcoming in that area.

Another story…

Army reverses deportation decision for soldier from China

How many natural born citizens would go to these lengths to serve? Also, it might be kind of handy to have a service member who speaks native Chinese…

They did mention the possibility of espionage, but that has always been there and everybody knows it.

Don’t they? lol.

Of course I didn’t overlook it, but the mistake you made here is that you veered off the topic of this OP. We are discussing the idea of undocumented aliens coming to the country signing up for service, and serving a tour in the military and then being granted citizenship. These people have done, were doing, would be doing a great service to this very country and they deserve the path to citizenship after doing what a whole lot of Americans never do.

MS-13 and free cheese people aren’t signing up for the military.

Of course I agree with a stringent background check.