Arms Vaults in Schools?

That often adds to the problem. People dont want to be locked in a room and may flee out of overwhelming fear even though they were safe where they were at. . Mass pandemonium hinders the police and adds to the shooters favor.

1 Like

And the inevitable panic?

The last paragraph has other potential fixes than a remote control locking of all doors. What would be wrong with an old time town-wide tornado-type alarm? Or an amber alert type deal?

Running away can also save lives. :wink:

It’s even taught.

Which to me seems like a weakness of the system.

The fastest responders would be teachers and administrators. It would be better to train them (if they so desire; and I suspect many of them would) on the operational use of the AR-15 and give them access.

I don’t think they’re ready for that. It may come later, if necessary.

That’s certainly true. The town leadership and the school board may not be ready for that discussion due to the political issues that could arise.

I’m just a believer in speed and violence of action. Those who are closest can respond the fastest. Time is always the key in a situation like that.

3 Likes

Not very secure is it.

Good Lord.

1 Like

So you want weapons behind glass that can be broken with an axe which is also on hand?

I can’t even imagine how quickly a safe full of guns and rabbit tools and ■■■■ would have been stolen in my high school. But it would have been quick.

Oh bull ■■■■

3 Likes

A bolt in the wall that slides into a hole in the door would suffice. It could be behind glass, wired like a fire alarm to prevent tampering.

They should include armed veterans in those vaults.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t they get hungry?

1 Like

Not if you feed and water them everyday. Having a Vet is a big responsibility.

4 Likes

Just don’t pull a Bob Barker and have them spayed or neutered.

3 Likes

It was a precedence, not a plan. The safe is fine if they do certain things.

I’m for them as a deterrent more than ease of access. Otherwise they’d just equip each officer with an AR. It’d be cheaper.

It’s performative. But you never know…

They should fit the first run of these with a rubber bullet pack that explodes upon opening the vault. Give the officers AR’s and breech equipment. Then when a shooter tries to break into one, some Wiley Coyote ■■■■ happens to him.

1 Like