Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

Don’t sweat it. I just graduated because of life circumstances like yours and having to work as well. I pulled off 23 credits along with a job last semester to just get it over with. You’ll get there. Plus being older is always a plus in your academic track.

2 Likes

FH,

Don’t be embarrassed. Stuff happens.

I enrolled in college in the summer of 1983, finally graduated fall of 1996.

(No there is no typo there.)

:hugs:
.WW

1 Like

The Unemployment rate is now at about 16%-17%, which is still very high.

Hassett also expects the US unemployment rate, due to be published next month, to soar to 16-17%.

Finance does seem to have become the measure of all things.

I know there are different ways to measure these things. I was relying on Fortune, which no one here can fault for being a left wing publication.

Whether the number is 16% or 20% it is far higher than most of us would wish for. When the question is posed of whether people are better off than four years ago. In May 2016, the unemployment rate was 4.8% so that suggests 12-15% of Americans who are unlikely to believe they are better off, and an even higher number if you consider those who depend on that group of unemployed citizens.

20% sounds better.

I’m better off. But not because of anything government did.

1 Like

Why don’t you join the discussion about whether you’re better off now instead of heading off into he weeds and bloviating?

I should clarify that I am better off economically than I was four years ago. However, I am four years older than I was four years ago. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Of the 86,400 seconds in a day, is there even one of them in which you aren’t consumed with hatred for Donald Trump?

1 Like

Of course there are. Just as their are moments when your thoughts do not rest on his wonderfulness.

I was suggesting that assessing how one was doing “the pandemic aside” was basically putting one’s thumb on the scale.

When Ronald Reagan made that a centerpiece of his 1984 re-election campaign he had four solid years of accomplishments to point to.

Nah, he’s performed and is performing exceptionally. 60% says so.

Thank you, Donald J. Trump, for making these past 3 years the best years of my life.

Also, thank you for guiding the US through this time of crisis. I’m glad it’s you!

3 Likes

Worse off, but only because of COVID.

About the same before the crisis.

What is the source for your 60% number?

ask me again in the fall.

It would be if it was anything anybody did. As it is, it just happened. I am better off now than if it had happened 4 years ago.

right 1

2 Likes

i am better off now than i was at the start of trumps term…

i was better off at the end of obamas term than i was at the start…

i was better off at the end of bushs term than i was at the start…

i was better off at the end of clintons term than i was at the start…

4 Likes

Same, except for the start of Bush’s first term. I was definitely worse off in 2000 than I was in 1999. It likely wasn’t Clinton’s fault either.

1 Like