Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

This is a question that we often hear when politicians are seeking reelection. The general election is still a few months off, but I thought I’d get a gauge on where everyone is right now. This will be a poll with 3 options - better off, worse off, or about the same.

• Better off
  • Worse off
  • About the same

0 voters

The epidemic not withstanding, absolutely better off.

4 Likes

I’m way better off than I was 4 years ago, once again.

Climb to Glory!

2 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible, but I’ve become even more handsome, intelligent and modest.

7 Likes

Nobody in our household has lost a paycheck and my youngest child will be a freshman engineering student in the fall.

Social distancing is my lifestyle so 2020 has been very good for me and my family.

I do feel bad for the neglect of the Unessentials and will fight for their freedom.

:eagle:

1 Like

I’m now retired, living the good life!

1 Like

I am better off but thats because of my success in my job. Worked my arse off and it has been recognized.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Retirement is the best job i ever had. :wink:

1 Like

Now you’re making me consider bringing back my old powder keg and crossed bayonets avatar…

1 Like

I’ve always wished you would. lol

In fact, I think I’ll wear mine for a little while as well. :sunglasses:

I had a huge setback around July-November 2016, but I have since grown from it. I’m now more mature than I was.

Yet, at the same time, my study habits have gone to heck. So I guess I’m more academically immature, but it might be due to burnout.

People are always changing. I’ve had ups and I’ve had downs, but the good times outweigh the bad. Just have to keep marching forward. :+1:

1 Like

I was a freshman in college during the spring of 2016, when I first joined this site. Now, my education has been delayed at least two years due to surgeries and trauma (medical and otherwise).

Now, I’m supposed to be out of college, and in my first year of graduate school, but I’m still a Junior. I’ll be a Junior again this upcoming Fall, when I take my Intro to Research course. It is only then will I progress academically. (I’m just embarrassed that I’m still in college I guess. Don’t mind me).

1 Like

The pandemic aside, heck yeah I’m better off, the whole country is better off.

Yes. I’m able to pick and chose my small jobs better. Well until this stupid Chinese flu started going around.

1 Like

Looking sharp there, @Mountain_Soldier!

I love your argument.

If we forgot that 50,000 Americans are dead in a pandemic than we are controlling worse than any advanced nation, 20% unemployment and climbing and the economy in a shambles, then we are all better off.

If Donald Trump had been Captain of the Titanic no doubt you would have been telling us to ignore the ship tilting and the shortage of lifeboats and focus on how well the band is playing “Nearer My God to Thee”.

2 Likes

Societal and parental expectations don’t define who you are. Or your worth. Or your success.

If you give up, then THAT will be a part of defining you!

Succeeding “in spite of…” will be your mark.

1 Like

Things have continued to improve every year for my wife and I since 2009. Dramatic improvement in 2018 with her promotion.

1 Like

Y’all shut it.

1 Like

And there we have it.