Are mounted police the answer for dealing with Antifa?

I would say the answer to dealing with Antifa is for big city mayors to just let the police do their jobs in dealing with Antifa.

Arrest them en mass if need be during riots.

Fill the street with 6.5’ tall 1,500lbs Thoroughbreds or Walkers standing shoulder to shoulder pushing a crowd and it’s a pretty impressive show.

Nobody in their right mind wants to get trampled.

Stupid people stand in front of them.

They just put cops on bicycles now for that sort of thing. Costs like a few hundred bucks extra each. Bikes don’t eat anything either.

Nah I have been in front of horses many times.

Much safer in front than in back

Allan

Unless they shoot or stick a knife into a horse it’s pretty hard to hurt em unless you know how. And then they can actually be charge for assault.

Horses are tough animals.

Standard Yuotube warnings apply.

Start at 1:30 and watch to the 2:00 mark.

A horse carries 60-70% of it’s weight on the font end, when they strike with their front feet it can carry enough force to crush an adults skull with a single blow.

They can also bite with enough force to rip muscle off of bone and an average sized horse once he grabs you can fling you around like a sack of feed and then paw what’s left of you into a bloody pile of goo.

People realize this when confronted by mounted police which is why they are so effective and forcing crowds of hundreds or even thousands or “protesters” to clear an area.

150-200lbs Mountain Lion vs 900lbs mule. The horses ridden by mounted patrols will usually weigh 1,200-1,600lbs depending on the breed.

Imagine some Napoleonic cavalry charging at you.

I think that would break up any riots.

1 Like

Knitting needles. They’ve been doing that since the 60s.

Trampling a bunch of people to death doesn’t seem like the best PR.

1 Like

The PR would suck.

what’s next? defund Dudley Do Right?

I fed one my horse carrots, she was very gentle.

I had another who would bite but loved mints

So you just had to crinkle the wrapper and turned gentle.

Allan

These boys

1 Like

Cops on bicycles are more vulnerable than cops on foot. They don’t intimidate anyone.

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean the people in front of the horses are not stupid.

1 Like

Man went all the back to ‘06 for a horse armor joke. Deep cut. I respect that.

Don’t worry. Most of them would not die.

We use them in Austin pretty much every Thursday-Saturday in the before times to clear out the party on 6th after closing time.

Which also makes the OP of this thread a bit funnier if you just search through the decade worth of police horses facing way crazier drunk frat boys on the regular with youtube

(language warning)

They’ll start patrolling early too, so the dead center of the street each night from 8pm is just covered in horse ■■■■■ Depending on your sense of humor, that can make for good people watching.

The crowd in the OP is a fraction of the normal downtown crowd on a summer Austin weekend night. I’ve seen sorority girls give the cops a tougher time.