Are Conservatives Abandoning Football?

Do you wear underwear? :confused:

I saw their advertisements on TV.

Sometimes.

Kansas City and who else?

Ya right. :smile:

The military owns neither the flag nor the National Anthem.

They simply donā€™t.

:man_shrugging:

What an odd inference! On the other hand, they certainly did not raise football goal posts at Iwo Jima, did they? Nor do coffins come home draped in football jerseys. The flag and the anthem mean something to the military. Shouldnā€™t it mean as much to all Americans?

Packers winning it this year! Rodgers is GOD

Eh. Management doesnā€™t really back him up much. I would love it, though.v

I think having 2 solid TEs on the field gonna be great

Itā€™s simpler than you let on. It is summed up in one word ā€¦ obsession.

Itā€™s not an odd inference at all.

Only to those who canā€™t separate symbols from reality.

2 Likes

Shrug. So you think an organization can actually own the American flag and National anthemā€“a concept that is completely foreign to meā€“and I suspect the greatest majority of others. Whatever.

Iā€™ve already heard right here on this forum that attendance isnā€™t down and thereā€™s no boycott of the NFL so put your mind at ease.

Colin Kaepernick is a socially active person. He gives money to charity and BLM organizations, and spends his free time helping people out. He is not someone who kneels and does nothing. The notion that Kaepernick cannot play football AND help out the country is a rather silly notion and illogical concept. You should be able to seek employment and give back. See the two links.

Link1

Link2

From the beginning, Kaepernick made it clear that heā€™s not protesting the military. He is protesting the treatment of colored Americans in our criminal justice system and the treatment of our military veterans. That was the purpose.

Before last month, the NFLā€™s code of conduct never said that players and coaches had to stand for the national anthem. It was an OPTION. Marshawn Lynch (Running back for the Raiders) sitting on the bench and eating a banana during the anthem was perfectly legal. Kneeling or bowing or whatever was perfectly fine by the NFLā€™s own standards.

More over, only a handful of players kneeled during the 2016 NFL Season. It was a fad and when no NFL team signed him during the offseason, the practice virtually went dead. It only started up again, when President Trump called the kneelers SOBs, then the practice started happening again and caused a major media firestorm. You can thank the President for making a non-issue into an issue.

Personally, when I am at a sporting event and the national anthem is playing, I always stand up and take off my hat. I do it under to show respect for the country and because itā€™s a stable of sporting events (post 1962). So again, I donā€™t agree with kneeling or sitting on the bench, eating fruit during the anthem, but I also not an authoritarian. Some people (less than 1% of the population) have religious objections to the standing during the anthem. Some people feel that U.S policies marginalize minority groups and feel that the anthem does not live up its words. Itā€™s not up to me to determine how people should feel or how people want to express their patriotism.

Is that why he tweets about it and constantly bashes NFL players for protesting? Even when the NFL took a sensible compromise, he still complained. He is indeed having a hissy fit over an irrelevant issue.

I am glad he asked NFL players give him a list of black Americans who were unfairly treated by the police and ended up being convicted. But then again, Trump cannot magically bring someone like Eric Garner back to life or force the cops involved in his death to go to prison. Trump cannot magically reverse the fact that Philando Castile got needlessly shot by the police and were not indicted. Unless Trump says he will look into these cases and provides ideas on how police should handles this situations differently, it will be seen as an empty attempt to bring peace to a war Trump started.

Trump did not start this. Kapernick did. He brought politics onto the football field. Needlessly. Let Kapernick be a part of ending it.

As stated before, the movement was dead and then when he made the SOB comment, the problem arose again. Trump started a war with the NFL about kneeling.

Sports and politics do at times go together. You cannot magically think they never existed in the first place.

Righties had no problem with Tebow protesting abortion on the field.

Kaepernick never said anything mean or nasty. He never forced anybody to join in his national anthem pose.

If you are speaking of the Internet rumor that Tebow knelt during the anthem in protest of abortion, that has been proven false.

But letā€™s take it from there. How about the NFL taking a knee during the anthem to protest their pet political peeve: Abortion. Teachers/coaches not allowed to lead prayer at school. Death penalty. Electoral college system. Jungle primaries. Term limits. Unlimited terms in office. Headline of the day.

I cannot go to my job before the public and begin protesting, leading prayers with school kids, etc. Very few, if anyone, can do so.

They donā€™t care. Cons just need a reason to feel victimized and mask their secret racism