Are Conservatives Abandoning Football?

So what 10 chars

Yeah…those cons and their safe spaces…….oh wait. :sunglasses:

Trump’s hissy fit with the NFL has nothing to do with the anthem, it’s just a convenient controversy he’s using to try to get back at a league that denied him becoming an owner on 3 separate occasions.

1 Like

Exactly. Trump blames the NFL for the USFL failing - Trump was an owner there and wanted the NFL to expand and accept his team into it.

Then Trump blames the NFL for him not getting the Bills.

His repeated pouring gas on the fire of the anthem controversy is just his way to get back at the NFL.

Trump also tried to buy the Patriots, but reneged when it came to assuming their debts.

No…I do not think that.

But many conservatives DO think that. They think the military “owns” the National Anthem and “ceremony” attached to it when it’s being played.

And so therefore anyone that protests when it is played is automatically disrespecting the military.

1 Like

So football players should be limited by what YOU can or cannot do?

So you’re jealous, then?

Trump indeed started it. The kneeling protests were fading out…no one was paying any attention to it.

Then Trump brought it up again.

Also…there was no reason for the President of the United States to get involved anyway.

1 Like

Quite the contrary. They opened the door to what all the rest of us should have been able to do all along. Glad to hear of your support of prayer in public schools!

Oh? So kneeling is now a showing of respect for both God and country? Then let’s get the word out!

It would be a major step up if they would abandon those modern gladiator games and go out and do something themselves instead.

Yawn. Blaming the President for every little thing has long grown old and tiresome. The NFL decided to dabble in politics. The President pushed back. Boohoo. If the President decided walk onto the playing field during a football game, and he were tackled, that would be on him.

Meanwhile, let’s talk about bringing in and pushing individual beliefs about politics and religion into all work spaces. Or, tell the NFL: “Stand up during the National Anthem so you don’t give the President a visible platform on this issue!”

I never said he was kneeling during the national anthem. My point was that he used sports to promote politics and religion, but you heard no complaints from the right. In fact, our humble host Hannity, PRAISED Tebow for injecting politics and religion in sports. He called him a “great American”.

Nothing in the rule book states that players have to stand for the National Anthem.

NFL players are paid to play football. Anything more is optional.

The concept of paid patriotism should disturb you. I would much rather the NFL tell the military: “Keep your money, and use it to help out the wounded veterans.”

And if I have religious objections or feel that the country is not living up its ideals, why should I be forced to participate in the national anthem? The National Anthem should ALWAYS be an optional activity. Never forced on anybody. Apparently, that’s what our President wants to happen.

You can very much lead children in prayer if you’re a teacher. But it has to be optional. Never should be forced.

Kneeling is something you do in church. You’re showing submission to a greater power.

The kneeling position is actually a sign of respect. People kneel during military funerals to show respect to the fallen soldier and pray for his/her soul.

That’s why Kaepernick went from a sitting position to a kneeling position. Former NFL player and military veteran told him that he should kneel instead of sitting.

This has been reported countless times. You tried to be sarcastic, but you ended up getting an egg in your face.

Watch here

Donald didn’t start it, but much like birtherism he certainly embraced it in order to exploit the rubes. Credit where it’s due, it worked quiet well.

Everything I and JayJay said is correct.

The issue was dead, then Trump brought it back to life.

Righties have no problem with interjecting politics into sports, unless they see it as a “liberal thing”.

So should token patriotism, or most especially compulsory patriotism

1 Like

The fact that the arbitrator of patriotism is a draft dodger, is bothersome as well.

Donald is the poster child for token patriotism - surface, risk-free, and exploitative.

2 Likes

Many NFL players including kaepernick have. But some your radio lords don’t tell you that I can see why you aren’t aware