Are Conservatives Abandoning Football?

Well, today here we have a very pleasant sunny 70 degrees with around 50% humidity … and over 21 hrs of daylight. :wink:

Ugh I’m jealous as hell.

I love the south but jeez does the heat get old.

And what’s worse is that this isn’t the worst time. August in Mississippi and Louisiana is hell on earth.

No doubt some are. Especially the die hard Donny Deplorable Dummys who take their marching orders from Dumb Trump.

I sure hope you are getting help Lou. Your obsession with Trump is much worse than your obsession with Palin ever was. :wink:

1 Like

For many of us, this has nothing to do with President Trump, and everything to do with having a child serving in the military and another in the employ of a police department. Parents/families go through much worst than I have, which has been standing by my daughter as she weeps over the graves and memorials of fallen friends and colleagues.

The flag and the anthem are the symbols of my daughter’s duties and workplace. The bench is the symbol of the NFL. Colin Kapernick should have sat out entire games, without pay, to protest what he deemed injustice. That would have hurt him, the game, and no one else, while calling attention to whatever he wished to call attention to. Instead, he took a symbol of someone else’s game day, a game day that ended not in loss of a game, but a loss of their life.

Recently President Trump said: http://www.cleveland19.com/story/38383395/trump-makes-offer-to-kneeling-players-dont-protest-bring-me-pardon-candidates

“I’m going to ask all of those people to recommend to me - because that’s what they’re protesting - people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system,” Trump said.

“Friends of theirs or people that they know about. And I’m going to take a look at those applications and if I find and my committee finds that they’re unfairly treated then we will pardon them or at least let them out."

President Trump is not having a hissy fit. He, too, has been present when caskets have come home, at grave sites and memorials where grief and sorrow permeate. He has taken his stand with the police and military–but he is also extending a hand to those who would like to right other wrongs. So, NFL drama queens, as a parent who has children in life and death situations, put up and stand up.

1 Like

I want to like this post…but Packerland?!! Can’t bring myself to do it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rodgers has caused me too much grief and pain eliminating Cowboys on last second heroics last two times they were in the playoffs. It was a catch!!!

1 Like

This is pretty much what the next three months are going to look like, give or take 5 degrees depending on the week. Humidity is always between 50%-85% here during the warm months depending on the time of day.

The man who called the protesting players “sons of bitches” wants to work with them now? Really?

Why he continuing to lie about the players being anti-military? That’s the furthest from the truth.

1. The height of rudeness is refusing to stand for the National Anthem.
  2. Is the goal to show contempt for the President, or is it to bring justice to someone Colin Kapernick (and others) feel have been treated unjustly?
1 Like

They were protesting police brutality. How about attacking bad cops who did this to people?

You’re defending Trump’s lies about the players?

How about honoring the high percentage of those who serve and protect, those who give their lives? As I mentioned earlier, there are other ways to protest. As far as I am concerned, President Trump’s opinions of the players are his own. I refuse to go down the “Lie Rabbit Hole.” Labeling everything a lie got old a long time ago. Try opinions, misinterpretations, misunderstandings, etc.

Help will be rendered when Dumb Trump enters the footnote pages of history.

There was no obsession on my part with Sara Palin.

Nor is there any obsession on my part with Trump.

When he, like Sara, stops being a daily part of our news cycle, does us all a favor and gets lost, then I will no longer post about Dumb Trump.

Really quite simple.

A more simple way is to post about smart things and perhaps that will catch on. One small step can turn into one giant leap in our thinking.

1 Like

Post about smart things?

Well that totally leaves out two full branches of our government.

:thinking:

At least he wears underwear

Watching congress is like watching dumb and dumber

The movie?

Wouldn’t know, I refused to watch those movies.

1 Like

What you got in your coffee cup, anyway?

You know this with certainty how?

Who said anything about a movie. Hey, how did you know about that, anyway :smile: