Apparent terrorist attack against pipeline in Canada, how will Trudeau respond?

A pipeline construction site was attacked in British Columbia causing major damage.

https://canada.constructconnect.com/joc/news/resource/2022/02/rcmp-say-coastal-gaslink-site-in-northern-b-c-attacked-causing-significant-damage

The attack fits into a pattern of similar attacks going back many years to prevent the construction of pipelines on native lands in Canada. In 2020 protests spread nationwide:

Demonstrators have blocked passengers rail lines connecting the major cities of Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto, causing at least 223 trains to be cancelled through Thursday. Over 34,000 passengers have been affected, Via Rail reported.

Police also arrested 43 protesters preventing access to the Vancouver ports on Monday, and more were arrested in nearby Delta.

Protestors have also occupied government buildings and held rallies in cities from St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador to Calgary, Alberta.

Related protests included arson incidents at more than 50 churches in 2021.

Don’t expect Ottawa to seize bank accounts and arrests donors of organizations that have supported the protest since Trudeau is sympathetic to their cause.

Likewise outrage from the US media is highly selective. They support rights of protestors when the agree with them, but they call for draconian response when they do not.

https://twitter.com/RMantri/status/1494527602408624130

Expect a yawn from Trudeau about the most recent attack.

Free speech and freedom of assembly are basic human rights. They are not just for people who support causes you agree with.

1 Like

Wow…talk about a dip ■■■■ that speaks out of both sides of his mouth…Trudeau is the very definition. I really have to wonder if he’ll be reelected PM? I can’t believe Canadians would go for that, after all the crap they’ve witnessed from him over time.

It also appears the the fake news MSM has ticked off the “indigenous” people in Canada.

3 Likes

I hear he got in last time by the skin of his teeth last time anyway.

It was reported he actually got less votes than his conservative opponent. I don’t get it but then i don’t get the parlimentary system.

1 Like

Is Canada being annexed by Biden or something?

I see parallels between the First-Nations protests in Canada have a lot of parallels with the BLM protests in the US. They have the approval and protection of government officials and allies in the state-controlled media.

My understanding is that Trudeau did little to interfere with the First-Nation protests even when they became violent. He never seized the assets of individuals and organizations that supported them. He never declared a national emergency. He never used hackers to dox donors.

4 Likes

That’s an excellent observation on your part my friend and spot on.

It looks like a police officer was injured in the violent attack.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/police-officer-injured-in-e2-80-98escalation-e2-80-99-of-violence-at-northern-bc-pipeline-site/ar-AAU0Hzf

Can you imagine if anyone even remotely related to the truckers did something like this? Trudeau and his allies in the US media would be screaming: Armed Insurrection! Treason! Terrorism!

1 Like

…and there’s no question about it. :+1:

There it is “can you imagine”. Clearly all of you guys can.

An act of terrorism would be described as an act of terrorism. To the fainting couches

I don’t think many people outside of center city Ottawa want the mandates a single day longer.

Brandeau has ceded the moral high ground for what is to come.

1 Like

Really? Now show me where the MSM described the “mostly peaceful protest” as an act of terrorism?

Yes really. In your imagined scenario an act of terrorism would be commited so what should it be described as.

Show you what? An imaginary news article about an imaginary event?

Are you even following your own exchange in this thread?

You loose…again. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

I’m thinking these boards need a “Canada” sub category now.

1 Like

It’s lose

You were discussing an imagined event with @Bill.in.PA. In your rush to try be right you don’t even know what i responded to. Clearly.

Just to refresh your recollection.

The Deep State is fighting a proxy war to end democracy in Canada.

The US is next if they succeed in Canada.

Good gravy! That sounds bad.

Members of First Nations are apparently exempt from the restrictions on protests in Trudeau’s emergency order, yet their prior protests have history of violence. Amazing chutzpah.

'Murica should’ve done that a long time ago. Should’ve kept Mexico too.

3 Likes