Anyone Believe in Angels?

It is said God carved the Commandments into stone tablets. There is no account of Moses seeing God.

It would suck imho. Just because you and me don’t believe in certain things doesn’t 100% mean it’s better for the rest of the population to adopt those beliefs. It’s already happening regardless and I am not 100% society will be better without it.

I firmly believe if the forced purchasing of presents at Christmas were eliminated and the rest of the holiday remained the same, people would be much happier.

God said this and it was recorded over 5000 years ago.

Exodus 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

If you see God, you are are physically dead.

1 Like

I told about the dove exactly as it happened. I didn’t give an opinion as to my thoughts about the incident. You own the opinion in that post all by yourself. Pets save people from harm all of the time. I have fed the doves for years and I consider these birds my friends.

I embrace my spirituality. I can’t be influenced by the spirit of science in denial of everything supernatural. I’ll take the angels in heavenly places. :angel: :angel: I don’t need reassurance to believe Jesus when he says he “sticks closer than a brother.”

The righteous (right with God) man prays for strength to withstand hardships that he has to bear. He doesn’t ask God to take them away. Jesus didn’t save Himself or His Apostles from being beaten, chased and finally murdered. He asked God when he was on the cross that He “not forsake Him” while he suffered and died. Our great examples - Christ, His Apostles and those early saints that were murdered because they didn’t deny Christ. Do you consider yourself better than these warriors that you should receive special treatment to make you a believer? If you were an eyewitness you wouldn’t need faith now, would you? “Without faith it is impossible to please God.”

There is nothing rational about the Spiritual world.

I find it interesting that He, Santa, Zeus, Ra and all the rest all keep themselves hidden.

You would think that the the One True God would show himself just once just to be different.

Once would be enough?

Well that’s two separate discussions, Santa brings happiness who hates Santa other than the grinch? Some traditions can be eliminated Santa and Christmas plz let it be it’s one of the few times of the year other than funerals that bring many families together.

You will find even hardcore atheists like Richard Dawkins singing in church during Christmas. He doesn’t share many western atheists opinions that wiping out our past is going to make things better but most likely worse. Open your mind, we probably have the same or similar views on religion. I welcome you to the world of Culture Christianity or Cultural Anglican. You don’t believe but think it’s a bad idea to flush a lot of things that got us to we are in the west both positive and negative down the drain.

Let’s say your right? But what if your are wrong?

Why are children with cancer listed as the only example of very sick children to save?

Children have died since there were men, women and children.

One of the themes of Job is death of children.

My point was why would God intervene to save one life and not to save another? What makes one person more deserving of divine intervention than someone else, like a child with cancer?

It seems God is capricious.

P.S. I find the tale of Job to be quite horrific.

I would think so especially if He makes a big splashy entrance and all 7 billion or so people witness it.

I’m OK with the Santa myth and all the rest of the Christmas traditions if we can still do away with the forced purchase of presents.

Ok agreed :slight_smile:

the word for angel in hebrew means messenger. everywhere in the bible where angels are sent to present God’s instruction or to intercede on a person’s behalf they are described as slightly androgynous males between 25 and 30 years old in appearance. none of these had wings. cherubim on the other hand had wings. Lucifer was a cherub. other than that the beasts around the throne had wings but they were not angels. God can send any spirit to be a messenger or any person or creature for that matter.

" Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."

He has nothing to prove. On the other hand, humans should be more thoughtful of proving their worthiness and loyalty to God. We are all standing before God alone. No one else there to point toward and blame.

His existence.

Spiritually ignorant people (usually atheists, go figure) tend to have this delusion in their head that they would even have the mental capacity to comprehend the very God they lie to themselves about being real. Their ignorance is somehow God’s fault. :man_shrugging:

You made this up.

Atheists have as much evidence for their lack of belief as believers do. :wink:

Why should it fall on Him to prove it when we can seek and find…if we wish.

It does not boil down to evidence. It boils down to interest. I had a great interest in pursuing God and made great discoveries. By the same token, I had very little interest in math and made few discoveries there. We get back what we put in.

1 Like