Anyone Believe in Angels?

Absolutely there are angels!! And yes, sometimes they keep us from harm. Sometimes they are among us without us even knowing they are there.

I don’t believe or disbelieve. My brain is wired to question these things. The pediatric cancer center of most hospitals are places where everyone could use an Angel. But they usually are not around.

1 Like

Angels are God’s messengers. God’s messengers, God’s rules. Same as his creation of human beings. We are born and we die physically according to His plan.

Jesus calls what are known by the world as the “unimportant ones,” “the little ones,” when He says: “In heaven their angels always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven.” These are God’s children who are looked down on perhaps because of their earthly lowly estate, not just little children. Jesus shows how important these souls are in the sight of God. This is very comforting, knowing we have angels watching after us.

God’s children are on the side that cannot lose. Elijah prayed for the younger prophet who was fearful, overwhelmed by odds that were against him. Elijah prayed: “Lord, open his eyes that he may see.” It was when Elisha saw the mountain full of horses and chariots of fire - an angelic host, that he was able to say: “Fear not.” He had more on his side than he realized.

It is a matter of opening our eyes and seeing. Angels are capable of transcending space and time. All of the people that we read about in Scripture physically died. This life amounts to a little vapor that appears for awhile and is gone. Our soul that lives on eternally is important to God. He gives us a new body that He chooses the instant this old one perishes, according to Apostle Paul. God doesn’t seem to be worried at all about our physical bodies. These bodies that carries the souls around while we live on the earth.

IMO, they absolutely exist. Plenty of passages in the Bible to confirm.

So, a question. Do you believe angels take an active role in your life?

Why couldn’t it be just rabbits wondering around looking for something to eat?

But of course God never actually showed himself. Go figure.

Seems like a police officer doing his job intervened.

There’s just as much evidence for them as there is for the Christian God.

So God doesn’t see fit to save kids in cancer hospitals because He doesn’t care about our physical forms but he sent a dove to stop you from possibly being killed in a car accident.

Interesting.

Neither does Santa but would you really want him to disappear from Christmas.

We need more cool big ticket miracles like red sea parting or food falling from the sky. I church membership would skyrocket!

Yeah, it be really cool if God simply poofed cancer away wouldn’t it?

He doesn’t seem to mind children dying slow, painful deaths for some reason.

It can…for all…but…it requires faith. You know we may not agree on a lot of things but…I also don’t believe either of us consider one or the other…crazy? The post you responded to was from my heart and all true. I simply shared something very personal with all who’ve read it.

1 Like

It would ruin the whole idea of Christmas, wouldn’t it?

How should we expect a non-physical, spiritual being to show Himself? Wouldn’t actions be one way?

Didn’t He used to?

Are you speaking of the Burning Bush? Doesn’t that qualify more as an action than an appearance? (We don’t see God being described as a bush, do we?)

Angels do God’s work. Yes, I believe in angels… I believe they also exist as humans. No, not as the supernatural types…the “human” angels are, to me, those folks who are prompted by the Holy Spirit n they do kindnesses for others in secret, seeking NO recognition for what they do to help others in need. God has many ways that He accomplishes things in this life n I believe He uses folks that will accept His prompts.
Btw, when we do a kindness for others, it’s not a “kindness” if u do it for recognition or a pat on the back.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I was praying before Spirit Empowered Living one morning, and I felt a warmth from inside my heart to the tip of my head. I know this is going to sound crazy but I think it was the Holy Spirit flowing inside of me. I haven’t gotten to the point of Xenolalia yet.

Didn’t He hand Moses the commandments?