Anyone Believe in Angels?

I’ve struggled with this concept as I believe God to be one and have no helpers, but now I’m open to the idea.

“Animal signs” in the article I see as visiting angels. Seems whenever I’ve been at my worst, little brown rabbits show up and bring me out in a hey! That’s beautiful! sort of way.

That animal that adopted me 8 years ago was an angel. She passed in August, and the day before I helped her into the next world, two little brown rabbits showed up outside my kitchen window and stayed a long time.

So now I have some day old rabbit tracks I’d like to show you guys in a minute, maybe angels revisiting?

What are you guys’ beliefs in angels?

1 Like

Not in a supernatural sense, no.

Not one of the more techno proficient posters, so I changed my avatar.

If you look close enough, there are still visible rabbit tracks, which I believe to be a visiting angel.

1 Like

There have been more than a few times in my life where I was doing something seemingly inane, that my brain would just suddenly stop functioning. A short pause, and the next thing I know, something insane happened in front of me that had I kept doing what I was doing, I’d be dead or mutilated.

Some examples include winch cables snapping, landslides, heavy objects, etc.

Never saw an angel or anything physically manifesting, but those moments certainly had a Divine vibe to them. I try to remember to thank God even when things aren’t going my way. He sure does have a way with things.

4 Likes

Had one of those moments this Halloween. I could have had a serious automobile accident and didn’t (visibility was very poor that night).

I think a tough police officer was my visiting angel informing me I’d seen one part of the scenery ahead, but not another more critical one.

God intervened that night or I might be facing charges.

If one is a Bible believer, the Bible is full of angels. Christ said before his crucifixion, that if He wanted to he could summon 10,000 angels to save Him from the cross.
Scripture also speaks of the Devil and his angels.

I haven’t thought much about angels and don’t think I’ve ever encountered one. I’m certainly open to the idea.

It could be also true that your subconscious was more aware of your surroundings than your conscious mind was.

So much of our conscious decision-making has its roots in our subconscious. There’s even been studies to show this…these have all been on simple decisions (i.e. choosing one image over another) so it is hard to know if this can be generalized, but these studies show that with some decisions, your subconscious has made the decision before you’re consciously aware of it…such that the scientists running the test could actually predict your choice before you consciously announce it.

As a driving example, I know there have been many times where I have been driving where I have subconsciously slowed down and avoided an accident. One time I was in the passing lane accelerating to pass a car. In the right lane ahead of that car was a motorcycle and something just “told me” that he was going to suddenly and for no particular reason swerve into my lane…and he did. I’m guessing he gave off some subtle cue he was going to do this that I wasn’t consciously aware of, but my subconscious was.

Another time an SUV in front of me slammed into the vehicle in front of him. Before this happened I had been subconsciously slowing down so as to be far enough behind to avoid slamming into the SUV myself. I believe my subconscious mind “saw” the general traffic slowing ahead and also “saw” that the SUV in front of me was not slowing down fast enough to avoid the accident it eventually got into.

So angels or subconscious?

I guess it depends on what you want to believe.

I like the idea of them, especially if you get beyond the pop culture depictions of them.

1 Like

It’s a big “NO” from me.

I think part of it, too, is an old, bad habit that started when I developed double vision in the right eye. Even though it’s corrected with a prism prescription, I think that subconscious sends my sight and thus me to the left.

Just did it this morning yet again at Dunkin Donuts. Was looking for a Secret Santa gift like a coffee mug near the register, which is left on walking into the store. Couldn’t find it, so just ordered a few things.

Going to wash my hands, the coffee mug type gifts were clearly visible—to the right. Perhaps your subconscious says slow down and mine says go left.

But I’m still open to the idea of angels on Earth that manifest themselves in some different ways.

Me to, I love the idea of angels and heaven.

Yes it’s Supernatural, only because it’s so real.

2 Likes

Yes. I love these passages: “What are the angels, then? They are spirits who serve God and are sent by him to help those who are to receive salvation.” Hebrews 1:14

“Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:10

Angels are created, we are born. (except for Adam and Eve, who were created human) Angels were never human. We don’t become angels in heaven as some people teach.

All of the angels in Scripture are referred to as male. In appearance - dress, etc, they are no different than other males. No female angels and no wings.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s Angels, The Lord who abides in me or God but…I pray many times a day and constantly observe my personal “red seas” part for me to walk through.

1 Like

:smiley: The child of God lives here.

The Spiritual realm.

Hebrews 12:22 “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, 23 and to the assembly of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven, and to a judge who is God of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks more graciously than the blood of Abel.”

2 Likes

I would also add; Matthew 17 19-20

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast it out? 20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

As we mature in Christ, so does our faith and as our faith matures, so does the frequency of our personal red seas parting and as we truly witness this, right before our very eyes, our agape and faith increase all the more.

2 Likes

I feed the birds and have for years. One day as I was about to pull out on the road in front of my house, a dove sat down right in front of my car. I don’t know how long it sat there, but I was determined to wait until it moved. As soon as it flew away, a white car came flying by. Had I pulled out before, I know that I would have been crushed and probably the driver of the other car as well. I had chills.

Birds come in through the cat doors. There is a sparrow that comes in the house a lot. It finds me and I let it back out. I was napping one day and it lit on my hip. And no, that old stray cat (the only cat around here) doesn’t bother the birds, even when they get food from his bowl while he’s eating. I’ve never touched him. He spits and growls at me when I take him his food. LOL

2 Likes

I do, but I don’t believe they are the baby-faced, gentle spirits that they are depicted as. They are more like soldiers of Heaven’s army, fighting the fallen angels that followed Lucifer in his exile.

Lucifer means “morning star”. He was the fairest of the angels. I wonder if he still looks like that. I picture horns and a tail and a pitchfork.

1 Like

An Angelic excerpt from the Saddharma Pundarika Sutra:

Those who shall write this Sûtra, O Lord, and comprehend it, shall, when they disappear from this world, after having written it, be reborn in the company of the gods of paradise, and at that birth shall eighty-four thousand heavenly nymphs immediately come near them. Adorned with a high crown, they shall as angels dwell amongst those nymphs. Such is the mass of merit resulting from writing this Dharmaparyâya; how much greater will be the mass of merit reaped by those who recite, study, meditate, remember it!

Therefore, young men of good family, one ought to honour this Dharmaparyâya of the Lotus of the True Law, and write it with the utmost attention. He who writes it with undistracted attention shall be supported by the hands of a thousand Buddhas, and at the moment of his death he shall see another thousand of Buddhas from face to face.

He shall not sink down into a state of wretchedness, and after disappearing from this world he shall enter the company of the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ where the Bodhisattva Mahâsattva Maitreya is residing, and where, marked by the thirty-two sublime characteristics, surrounded by a host of Bodhisattvas, and waited upon by hundred thousands of myriads of kolis of heavenly nymphs he is preaching the law. Therefore, then, young men of good family, a wise young man or young lady of good family should respectfully write this Dharmaparyâya of the Lotus of the True Law, respectfully recite it, respectfully study it, respectfully treasure it up in his (or her) mind.

By writing, reciting, studying this Dharmaparyâya, and by treasuring it up in one’s mind, young men of good family, one is to acquire innumerable good qualities. Hence a wise young man or young lady of good family ought to keep this Dharmaparyâya of the Lotus of the True Law. I myself, O Lord, will superintend this Dharmaparyâya, that through my superintendence it may here spread in Gambudvîpa.

ENCOURAGEMENT OF SAMANTABHADRA, Saddharmapundarika

1 Like