Another fine example of democrats preserving evidence for an investigation!

I can see with government phones to require data wipe for failed password attempts to be required to be enabled.
.WW, PSHS

4 Likes

Yes…prosecute those that lied whether it is with internal investigation or lied to those they were investigating to get suspect to talk. Lying is lying.

And then we have em fudging and manipulating information as they see fit to get warrant and wire tape etc. Those need to be prosecuted as well.

My favorite thing here is when people are provably wrong, proven wrong, and then get all cocky about being wrong.

I just checked my iPhone - The Data delete function is OFF and this is the first time I have accessed it, so wiping after 10 bad pass codes is not a factory default.

27 phones now?

Just another example where the accusations cast by libs are really things they themselves do.

If this weren’t such a sad (and even dangerously corrupt) issue from a government branch that is supposed to be a bastion of law, it would be entertaining to watch the libs here making excuses and defending this.

TDS lets them overlook this corruption.

1 Like

And knowing that this is turned on (assuming it really is on), would a smart user just keep trying over and over, ten times, until it wipes out everything?

“Oh well… I tried …” :roll_eyes:

Would twenty-seven such smart users all do that?

3 Likes

But that’s not happening and this is what being called part of the corruption.

If this is the most corrupt agency on the planet there needs to be a solution that does not rely on them self-policing.

If they are too corrupt to self police, then power needs to be given to courts and congress to expose the corruption.

I am a fan of increasing “freedom of information” as much as possible. The abuse of classified status and other methods of preventing information from reaching the public should be rejected.

To be successful the partisans have a hard pill to swallow because the abuses have cut both ways. We have come to accept that political embarrassment or advantage to the opposing party is acceptable grounds for withholding information. The partisan public has become willful participants in this game. It needs to stop.

Shining a public light on government actions is the best solution I can think of for reducing corruption.

2 Likes

The problem is any agency that we have overlooking FBI can be also used for political reason…and be corrupted. It’s just the fundamental nature of government itself.

There is no solution except they prosecute their own when they clearly violate their positions/laws.

But they won’t…we can have our top law enforcement agency to be none as corrupted agency…which we clearly know they are.

As long as they continue getting away…nothing will change. If fact they will only get worst because they know others have their backs.

We could have more mandated sharing of information. The executive has become a silo, they over-claim privilege and the legislative has granted them broad powers. The courts have resisted stepping in and have weakened congress’s subpoena power.

More records need to reach the public and see the light of day and laws can be passed to help.

We need to accept the consequence that there will be political consequences. Congress will use records to embarrass the party in the executive.

I say so be it. If the record in itself is embarrassing it is not the right of government to hide it.

The public needs to see how things are being done in order to use the one check we do have— the vote, to hold these agencies accountable.

Didn’t mean to hijack thread, but it’s pretty hard to gauge the corruption without access to all the facts.

Even this latest revelation about erasing phones is a teaser leaked to maximize political effect rather than illuminate the situation fully.

I can think of a dozen ill-intentioned reasons to wipe government phones and another dozen innocuous ones. It is hard for me to conclude the scale of the problem with the information I have.

They need to release full reports and backing evidence or my suspicion that this is gamesmanship will remain high.

Edit. Not leaked, released under FOI lawsuit.

You have Wray dragging his feet that is only confirming our suspicion. You have COJ refusing to prosecute their own that they prosecuted others for. You have em rewriting language that’s ether prosecutable to non prosecutable depending on the target.

It’s sickening and no one is hold accountable because they are the law. Congress isn’t going to do anything…because they help created those conditions.

Weisman claims it was accidental. Twice.

62 years old. Careless and impatient with passwords.

There’s nothing to doubt there. Tech shops can thrive just from dealing with folks like that.

You have about as much chance of Congress passing laws for more transparency in government then you do them passing a term limit law on themselves.

1 Like

Lisa Page is 40 and has a law degree.

I’m over 60 and I have never “accidently” wiped a phone.

If they can’t handle a ■■■■■■■ I-phone, how were they handling an investigation?

27 phones.

4 Likes

How do you forget a password you use every minute of every day?

4 Likes

They’ll probably blame some low-level IT guy.

2 Likes

Otherwise intelligent people can be clumsy with technology. It doesn’t take stupidity, it just takes stubbornness.