Anonymous letter from Berkeley history professor rips BLM narrative

And … ??

i was neither winking nor nodding

i was shaking my head in disgust though, but can you blame me?

1 Like

And people “like me” represent the majority of the black community.

3 Likes

Will you address the substance of the treatise.

It is psychologically demoralizing to have leaders imply that help is always needed and is never enough.

That’s a grandiose assertion.

1 Like

For what? The whole piece is a lie from the jump-off. I’m not sifting through ■■■■■■■■■

2 Likes

Just an FYI, this originated as an anonymous post on 4chan/pol/. Funny how some love to jump all over “anonymous sources” in mainstream news, but flock to an anonymous post from 4chan.

8 Likes

You are not compelled to.

You did put up a psychological wall.

Already did… it’s Candace Owens “arguments”. These aren’t new. But somehow attaching a “person of color” (black) with “Berkeley” (lib) and “professor” (smart), Gives her ideas more credibility. It doesn’t. This person doesn’t exist.

1 Like

I hope you appreciate the frustration behind this message. I do not support BLM. I do not support the Democrat grievance agenda and the Party’s uncontested capture of our department. I do not support the Party co-opting my race, as Biden recently did in his disturbing interview, claiming that voting Democrat and being black are isomorphic.

So this was written by a black history professor from UC Berkeley?

There are three, according to the Berkeley history department’s faculty site:

https://history.berkeley.edu/people/faculty

Candidate 1: Stephanie Jones Rodgers

Candidate 2: Tabitha Kanogo

The conflicts inherent in the squatter-settler relationship can be seen in their true perspective only within the context of the essentially brutal and exploitative relationship of colonialism. In Kenya, this was expressed by a dominant settler community which was heavily backed by the state. Uprooted from their areas of origin, the squatters felt the loss of their dignity and economic independence particularly keenly because they lived and worked in such close proximity to the settlers.

Candidate 3: Waldo Martin

So team - what’s our theory here? Which of these professors is the lucky winner?!?

Keep in mind you have to assume the following:

Despite dedicating their research lives to studying exploitation of black peoples by whites, one of them has flipped the narrative on this.

One of them is dumb enough to send an “anonymous” note that identifies him or herself as black when it could only be one of three people when they are afraid of losing their livelihood.

That said, it’s a well written letter and makes several well articulated points here and there, but I don’t believe the source is accurate (but I’ve been wrong before!)

And they all signed the BLM support letter earlier this year…

1 Like

:rofl:
I wonder why this “person of color anonymous professor from Berkeley” wants to be anonymous.

I would think they would want to get off the plantation.

:joy_cat:

1 Like

Uh, no I didn’t. This letter confirms your worldview, so you’re not going to hold it to the scrutiny it deserves.

The messenger has been attacked sufficiently.

How about the material?

Doesn’t matter all that much if they do or don’t. The argument stands on its merits or it doesn’t. None of the assumptions you make matter to me. You don’t get extra credit for any of them in my book.

Damn I missed one.

Great post.

:joy_cat:

Some dumbo that doesn’t understand that we can actually look at the faculty of a college on the internet.

So easily punked.

Oh cool. An asserted majority of a significant minority. :man_shrugging:

“Shot down”, because it doesn’t match your narrative of anger and hatred. Spoken by an uncle tom who dared step out of line because she doesn’t carry the burden of that fabricated chip on her shoulder.

Majority? Got a link?

Or is that just another TYPICAL PnG FABRICATION?

1 Like

How about y’all fact check this ■■■■ before you post it, instead of lazily expecting us to do it.

6 Likes

“. . . MLK would likely be called an Uncle Tom if he spoke on our campus today .“

That quote tipped me off.

It killed everything in that letter for me.

1 Like

Right.

Sometimes truth hurts.