Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

Why does the truth scare libs so much?

Is it because they don’t want the world to see just how corrupt their beloved goverment bureaucracy is?

It isn’t being scared. I have no problem calling out real corruption from what you say is my “beloved” government.

It is that we are over here in reality and not on the road to crazy town.

I’d love to know how the town cries blabbering SEDITION all over the place believe the 25th should be “properly” invoked.

I hope they will give us some example they believe to be non-seditious. @conan @WuWei, please explain it to us. How do you believe the 25th is properly invoked without being seditious?

Why would you support him as AG then if he puts department over country?

When it’s not used against a Republican POTUS?

1 Like

No he wasn’t. :rofl:

1 Like

Why would I get used to it when no one else ever mentions it?

Seriously. If this was obviously sedition, other people would be saying so.

Instead it’s just a bunch of super smart Internet forum posters.

2 Likes

We are not talking about them looking into anything they thought was not above board. That’s what the special council was for.
And there is a big difference between the 25 amendment and impeachment. The congress can try to impeach who ever they want. But they have to have hearings and debates and a vote. And they have to get 2/3’s of the senate to vote yes to impeach.
The 25 amendment was passed to insure a smooth transfer of power if a president dies or is so ill they cant preform their duties.
The DOJ has no power to invoke the 25 amendment or to impeach a president. They can investigate and report to congress but that is it. For them to even be talking about the 25 amendment is a serious over step.
Now if you couple their talk of the 25 amendment and stotz and pages emails. And the fact they used an unverified information from a political party for fisa warrants. And the fact that they started investigating trump before he ever took office it makes them all look like they had an agenda when the election didn’t go the way they had believed it would.
Personally I believe that the upper employees of the DOJ need reminded of just what their powers are. I think after 911 that they was granted to much power and not enough over site. And that things have gotten out of control with them thinking they can do pretty much what ever they want.
So, yes I think they plotted the removal of a duly elected President because they were afraid that with a new sheriff in town things were going to change. And I also think they would have welcomed a president pence because that would have meant business as usual.

Did I say I support him? In fact I believe I was first to say he’s insider. He will do whatever it take to sweep this entire mess under the rug.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

1 Like

You are correct. The DOJ has no power to invoke the 25th Amendment.

That doesn’t mean that they cannot talk about it.

If they want to talk about it over beers or at home that is fine. But it is not within their duties to be discussing it on the job. They can go to congress with what ever evidence they believe they have but it is not their job to poll congress and see if they have enough votes to invoke the 25 amendment. It is really scary to think that they discussed wearing a wire to record conversations with a sitting president. They have come to think they have way more power than they do. And it is time for the president and congress to remind them what their duties are. And the fact that they were even discussing it is very troubling and should be for everyone no matter their party.

You have quite a few contradictory statements in here.

First… how would they go to Congress… even thought they would first go to the Cabinet… but that is neither here nor there… with evidence if they never discuss what that evidence may mean?

The wearing a wire thing is disputed between as to what they meant.

Congress can remind them… but most of them are fired.

Sedition, Plot, Coup, Overthrow…:rofl:

So emotional, over nothing…

Now Trumps own appointed AG is part of the derp state…you cant make this stuff up

Trumpers do love their conspiracies that’s for sure

1 Like

The tool can be a critical distinction, and is in this case. It’s the difference between going into the bank and getting a loan versus robbing it. In both instances, you walk out of the bank with money, but the method is quite different.

The 25th amendment is not sedition.

4 Likes

Then you were against Trumps choice for AG.
I apologize for assuming otherwise.

I’ll post my same response to your same comment from the other thread: from whom does the 25th Amendment REQUIRE that the suggestion to invoke it MUST originate?

As to the wire: makes me nervous too. But if the president had proven himself to be as much of a bald-faced can’t-help-himself pants-on-fire liar as this one has, I might consider it.

And you will cheer them on as long as this is happening to the other side. Me I would be hollering no mater who was president. This is not their job. Since 911 they have made a lot of power grabs. And in my book it is time for all of them to be reminded of what their duties are and to be stripped of some of their power .
What they discussed is flat out wrong and the fact that we have people defending what they did is frightening.
You want to holler about Trumps over reach of power and how he should be slapped down. Than you should also be speaking up against what was going on in the DOJ.

It isn’t. It never was. And it never will be. Ever.

The vice president is the one who can invoke the 25 amendment. Now do we know if they talked to Pence not yet but it may still come out that they did. Or that they were trying to get a member of congress to speak to him we wont know that until we find out who were the congressional members that they got on board.
And the fact that Trump is a liar gives them no reason to wear a wire and secretly record him. It that was the case than they should wear a wire all the time because there is not one person on the hill who does not lie.