Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

Two competing stories from the New York Times and Washington Post show Andrew McCabe and members of the Justice Department were so concerned about President Trump’s actions relating to his firing of Jim Comey and the President’s Russian connections that they considered getting members of the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office.

McCabe’s remarks came during an interview for “60 Minutes” that will air on Sunday.

From the NY Times story:

“I was very concerned that I was able to put the Russia case on absolutely solid ground, in an indelible fashion,” Mr. McCabe said. “That were I removed quickly, or reassigned or fired, that the case could not be closed or vanish in the night without a trace.”

“I wanted to make sure that our case was on solid ground and if somebody came in behind me and closed it and tried to walk away from it, they would not be able to do that without creating a record of why they made that decision,” Mr. McCabe said.

It’s good to see someone concerned about the questionable actions of the President.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/mccabe-says-he-quickly-opened-fbi-investigation-of-trump-for-fear-of-being-fired/2019/02/14/262dd7b0-3054-11e9-8ad3-9a5b113ecd3c_story.html?utm_term=.ba6ecc75dee2

1 Like

So, McCabe is saying Rod Rosenstein lied…

No, he didn’t.

They should have invoked the 25th. Trump is the most unstable president we’ve ever had in modern history.

2 Likes

Basically he just admitted to sedition lead by top levels of our law enforcement and intel agencies.

That’s still an option.

You must have stopped following that story. Rosenstein claimed it was a joke after that was reported…

“Later Friday night, Rosenstein released a second statement pushing back on the story. “I never pursued or authorized recording the President and any suggestion that I have ever advocated for the removal of the President is absolutely false,” he said."

Exactly… Too bad we don’t have real law enforcement at the top of the FBI or DOJ…

2 Likes

Also by saying this, McCabe is calling Rosenstein a liar. If these guys start going after each other that would be real interesting…

1 Like

Thank God someone is at least trying to watch out for the country.

1 Like

Wait, what? How is this sedition?

Funny how “some” believes it’s the job of bureaucracy to look out for us.

Who job is it to protect us from THEM?

It’s the process of the 25th Amendment of the Constitution. It’s not sedition.

AMENDMENT XXV

SECTION 1

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

SECTION 2

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

SECTION 3

Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

SECTION 4

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

1 Like

Comey get fired May 9th. The next week POTUS has Russian diplomats (agents?) into the oval office and they’re all cheery and chummy because the pressure is reduced!
(POTUS to Ruskies…make sure Uncle Vlad knows “I got this”)!!

Seems like an odd circumstance. Unusual? Concerning?

I’m glad there are still law enforcement and security people on our side too!

:us::elephant:

1 Like

Using the 25th isnt sedition…so projecting and just tossing ■■■■ out there for funsies

Congress…this has been explained already on here

Notice how the people who scream the loudest about following the constitution dont understand it?

2 Likes

If two or more [persons] in any or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

No he did not. That is not even remotely close to what he stated. :rofl:

The process is inside the Constitution. OUTSIDE the Constitution would be a different story.

I say we have an election in 2020 to replace Trump!

Oops, sedition!

5 Likes