Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

Don’t blame the media for your naivety.

2 Likes

…signed, sealed, delivered…you’re theirs’.

Says the man who put his faith in a Joe DiGenova prediction. Hilarious.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

The media reporting facts and the public learning about them is the real media’s job … to inform the public. Not to ■■■■■■■■ its audience with unsubstantiated accusations like Fox does.

Senator Graham is calling for hearings to determine the details of who did what in an attempt to remove the President and the basis for what they did.

“We’re going to find out what happened here and the only way I know to find out is to call the people in under oath and find out, through questioning, who’s telling the truth because the underlying accusation is beyond stunning,” Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

Graham added that he also plans to subpoena both McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein if they won’t voluntarily agree to testify before the committee."

So why has it taken a 60 minutes interview to get Congress involved in determining how government bureaucrats became involved in trying to reverse the results of the last election? This should have been an ongoing investigation for two years now.

When McCabe and Rosenstein are called, they should be informed that any lie will result in the same sort of treatment given to Stone.

Ask Mitch McConnell, Kevin McCarthy and Devon Nunes for a start. They were among the R’s at the helm the last two years who continually stifled investigations.

1 Like

Who is going to inform them of this?

What a waste of time…

Graham: did you discuss the idea of using then25th amendment?

McCabe: yes we also discussed chinese for lunch over subs…

Graham: case closed.

1 Like

It’s only related because it includes McCabe, but this was just the saddest thing I’ve read in a while.

You might remember Trump fired Comey when he was in LA and that he flew back on the government plane, which was coming back anyway loaded with a bunch of other FBI personnel and Comey rode along, even though he was no longer employed by the government.

Apparently that pissed off Trump who demanded that McCabe (who seconds earlier had told Trump he authorized Comey catching a ride on the plane) to “look into it”.

As McCabe said: What am I going to look into? I just told you I made that decision .

Waste of time IMO…nothing will be done about. Nothing !!!

So there is no room for small government conservatives in today’s America, nice.

:rofl:

If he is, it’ll be the first time in his life.

I can never get enough of the people you guys choose to trust.

You can come away from reading that piece with only one of two opinions:

1. This account of his first day is completely plausible based on two years of watching the President.

2. This account is mostly or entirely fiction, created in Andrew McCabe’s mind to make himself and James Comey look better. It sounds nothing like what Donald Trump would do.

Everyone, if you please: libs line up under column “1”; cons under column “2”.

Yes, this seems SO out of character for Donny.

Not lib, but column one, please.

“A call like this was highly unusual. Presidents do not, typically, call FBI directors. There should be no direct contact between the president and the director, except for national-security purposes. The reason is simple. Investigations and prosecutions need to be pursued without a hint of suspicion that someone who wields power has put a thumb on the scale.”

Right. What you do is call a meeting with the head of the FBI and discuss using the FBI to get one of your political enemies. Then you have one of your underlings send an email to themselves saying how this must not be political and that you said it must be “by the book”.
Does that sound like knowing you are skating on thin ice to anyone else?

"Ambassador Rice appears to have used this email to document a January 5, 2017 Oval Office meeting between President Obama, former FBI Director James Comey and former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates regarding Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election. In particular, Ambassador Rice wrote:

“President Obama began the conversation by stressing his continued commitment to ensuring that every aspect of this issue is handled by the Intelligence and law enforcement communities ‘by the book’. The President stressed that he is not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective. He reiterated that our law enforcement team needs to proceed as it normally would by the book.”"

^^^^^^^^^ That’s what I’ve been talkin about for over two years ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think I’ll have to buy that book.

You’re absolutely right. In today’s climate, let alone this almost completely polarized forum, it’s easy to forget that there are reasonable conservative who want the President’s agenda fulfilled, but still see him as the inept and integrity-less man that he is. My bad for lumping you folks in.

Watch, discuss…but please enjoy!

1 Like