Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

Just making sure you saw the last half of this sentence which completely eliminates the point you’re trying to make.

1 Like

It’s funny how he’s becoming criticized against all the lies that Trump has told that the same people aren’t worried about.

We call it sometimes Trump.

I call it “means justify the ends” Trump

Yeah right. “There should be no direct contact between the President and the director, except [for the meeting that I know Obama had with my idolized former boss]” is what he said.

Conspiracies. Conspiracies everywhere!

National security Doug.

The investigation into Russian meddling with the Trump campaign is a matter of national security.

2 Likes

Dang Conan. You got an early start in making excuses for why the next AG won’t confirm your conspiracy theories.

Does that even have to be stated? Why wouldn’t it be?

This is for your personal opinions based on, of course, the Andrew McCabe interview and past news stories in the New York Times and Washington Post. It’s an issue that I’ve seen people mention in threads, but I thought it would be good to have it discussed on its own.

My view: They did and had every right to do so. In fact, I’d have thought it was improper if they didn’t. It’s their job independent of the President to maintain the integrity and safety of the country. It was their duty to bring up the 25th if they thought it’s necessary. Personally, I think we’re getting closer and closer to the day that it should be invoked. That’s the “national emergency” we’re in right now, not the border.

I have no problem knowing they discussed the 25th. I suspect they’ve discussed it far more times than just with Trump. I know it was tossed around during the Reagan years. You’re right in that it’s part of their job to make sure the President is acting with a sound mind. And no doubt Trump’s behavior has been a cause for that discussion.

I have no problem with them discussing it.

It is acting well within the framework of the Constitution.

Nope…its not illegal to talk about the idea…imagine what we dont hwar about inside those walls…

1 Like

Thank goodness for the free press that reports what we do know.

2 Likes

It was a coup orchestrated by the Deep State to undermine the Fair election of the greatest president who ever lived!!! MAGA!!!

In before someone else stole my thunder…

Why have this stuff in the Constitution if it is never to be contemplated?

2 Likes

See, your hyperbole is less bad than what the president said this morning on twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1097473080253968384

This is why this conversation absolutely should be taking place regularly.

6 Likes

I mean when the President doesn’t get what the 25th Amendment is all about you know things are bad.

The 25th Amendment discussions wouldn’t be necessary if we didn’t have both a President who acts like an unhinged lunatic with failing faculties and a Republican party that is rotten to the core and unwilling to engage in even basic oversight.

But yeah, obviously discussing powers outlined the constitution is not an act of treason or improper. It’s not as if they were calling around trying to begin a coup or something.

1 Like

Go read about the stone indictment…he used multiple email addresses to transfer data with 2.0 and wiki…literally colluded to sway an election…