AMERICA: Land of the free (stuff), home of the mediocre

Well all the Dem candidate clowns are LIARS! It just spews from their mouths like projectile vomit :face_vomiting: free this, free that, minimum wage, reparations, tax the rich, demonize the 20% (which used to be the 1%) confiscation of guns and wealth, the new green deal, and it just goes on and on ad nauseum! I say let the fools keep it up.

Sorry, I think you’re confused about what they are doing and why. And two full time jobs is only 80 hours a week.

Are you counting side hustles? Yes, I’m hip.

Thank you for your usual reasoned, well thought out contribution to the topic.

4 Likes

From last year:

Of course that’s only the people who are working two or more jobs. Then there’s the people who can’t even find full time work. They’re part of that average too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/why-so-many-americans-still-work-multiple-jobs-in-strong-market

What’s 4.4 million looking for full time work have to do with whether or not people can afford to live in housing that costs $24,000/year on average just for rent/mortgage while the Federal minimum wage sits around $7.25/hr? Bootstraps people.

Well gee, I certainly think so considering I’m the one you quoted who brought it up. :roll_eyes:

Who needs to work 100 hours a week when you can live like a king on $7.25/hr?

Good for them. That’s how you get ahead until the next tax raise.

I am counting folks that begin working for the day before 8am and finish after 10pm…often closer to 11. The only break being a small amount of time in between shifts to move to the other job.

Really? I thought it was going out and buying stock in Walmart. Who knew? :roll_eyes:

I go 7AM to 10 PM all the time.

Crappy TV doesn’t make itself.

3 Likes

They represent the exception, not the norm.

About .2% of the workforce to be exact.

And you know quite a few people who do that? Strange, I don’t know anybody who does it.

I know some people who work a couple of days a week here and a couple somewhere else. Mostly waitresses.

Another good option. Amazon would be better.

Ok, if you say so.

But all that hope created by 8 years under Obama should have eliminated all hopelessness and poverty!

I am paid to fill a seat so my employer can charge for that time. I tried the “working hard” but this job does not reward hard work.

But, I digress, I do have to get back to work. :slight_smile:

I saw an article yesterday that says Gen Z believes they are the hardest working generation ever.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::yum:

I can hope for conservative America to start voting and thinking with their self interest in mind instead of what Rush, Tucker, Trump and the rest of the millionaire boys club tells them too. So far, those hopes would not have amounted to much of anything.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: So yes you’re at work, no you’re not working. I rest my case.

It was not implied in the slightest.