AMERICA: Land of the free (stuff), home of the mediocre

Are you saying there’s no one anywhere that works 100 hours a week?

1 Like

It doesn’t matter. The average isn’t what everybody works. Just like the average income in the US isn’t what everybody makes. I thought you were supposed to be an engineer or something. You don’t understand how averages work?

3 Likes

You have to keep beating the workers until morale improves.

1 Like

That would depend on what you call “work” My father in law is on-call 24 hours a day. If his boss calls him in at 8 pm on a Saturday night, he has to drop everything and go.

Does that count as part of the 100 hours or is it just the time in the office?

That says 34.4 doesn’t it. And that’s being there, not actually working.

Yes 34.4 is the average of all workers, full and part time. The article I pulled the graph from used the 47 hour number.

Being at work is work.

100 hours isn’t the norm, as was implied.

I bet there’s not as many as you think there are. That’s a lot of hours. I work 90 or so a week for several weeks from time to time and it’s exhausting.

And if they are, they’re banking it.

The average isn’t even 40.

I never said 100 hours was the norm.

But the idea that someone should have to work 2 or 3 jobs and enjoy it, as was implied in the OP, is beyond ridiculous. One full time job should be more than sufficient to sustain a basic lifestyle. Nowadays, for many workers, it simply isn’t.

It counts when he gets the call until he’s back home.

I’ve been in that situation for going on 50 years. My average work week is 40 hours.

No ■■■■ sherlock. It’s an average.

1 Like

No it isn’t. Are you at work right now?

Do you know somebody working two full time jobs?

1 Like

You are implying the vast majority of Americans are suffering. That simply isn’t the case.

I know Watson, do you?

I am sacrificing my time that I could be doing other things for a paycheck. That is work.

1 Like

Quite a few actually.

So yes. Are you paid to screw around on hannity?