America is not a racist country. True or false

The alt right is very obscure and would have failed, then…if false allegations of secret hand signs had not continually made the news.
I have never read an article by any of these “alt right” trying to do so. I have seen accusations that were unsubstantiated and denied.

1 Like

This was easier to believe before social media.

1 Like

This :point_up_2: is normal. This is what we all experience every day. Newsworld and Biden are trying to convince you that what you see is not reality. They are liars.

2 Likes

IRL I agree. Online though? And basically everyone is online all the time now. Hard to draw a bright line through it anymore.

Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are very obscure?

1 Like

They are race baiters. I’ve shared my thoughts on that topic in earlier threads.

And that’s how two of them ended up as the chief strategist and chief speechwriter to the president of the United States.

Give me the worst example you have seen this year. And I don’t mean on the news.

Also, what are you doing to address your own racism?

Did they propose using these secret hand signals, then?

Of course we are now getting into what is meant by "alt right’. This has meant different things to different people at different times, so as to be largely useless for anything other than those who wanted to group overt racists with those who were no such thing.

1 Like

Yes. Have you ever met one? You could fill a football stadium with random people and probably none of them would be one of those goofballs. Yes, they are obscure. Absolutely.

2 Likes

So you this was approximately the early 1970s, when redlining was still legal, white flight was in full effect and desegregation through school busing was a massive national issue but you never saw or heard of it?

I grew up in a mostly black area not terribly much later and still managed to see it as a small child.

1 Like

The woke word is “privileged.” Or more specifically, “white privilege.”

Black kids shunned at school. Asian kids given a slant-eyed mock. Learned from their parents. Personally, I try to be more mindful of my split-second reactions to stereotypes, which I believe are learned/cultural behaviors.

There ya go. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yet they were pretty involved in the Capital riot weren’t they?

I dunno, maybe you’re like that Duck Dynasty guy that grew up in Jim Crow Louisiana but never saw racism and black people were happier then.

If you’re seventy you were old enough to buy beer when MLK was assassinated.

2 Likes

Do you know any proud boys or oath keepers? And is that what is meant by alt right? How many of those people, in any case, go around using these secret hand signals? You would think those secret signs would have been all over the place at the capitol riot, wouldn’t you? I don’t remember seeing a picture of one of them.

Should anything be done?

How long ago? How many involved and what did you do about it. Remember, 99 percent of the people you know would never dream of doing this. Most are no more racists than you.

The key operative is MY WORLD, not what I read in the papers or hear on the news.

1 Like