America is not a racist country. True or false

Most of the Americas are racist: Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, the US, Venezuela and The Dominican Republic especially so.

Is America racist? - No.
Are there racists in America? - Yes.

1 Like

Can’t answer. Not necessarily a binary choice. Needs more context.

Racism exists in America, Racism exists in just about every other nation on earth. Racism is not inherently about blacks by whites. Racism exists inherently because we are all different, and we inherently believe different to be bad.

In my opinion to think there is no racism is silly, of course we are, and of course so is every other nation. In my opinion Tim Scott’s statement should have been yes, America is racist, and yes we are trying to be better…We see what needs to be fixed, and are working toward doing so.

That would have resounded so much with everyone.

We have a problem. We have to choose to get better.

1 Like

Our country - not racist.
Our laws - not racist.
Our ideals - not racist.
The overwhelming majority of the people - not racist.

A small portion of the people are racists, this includes a variety of outspoken morons who see racism in everything.

5 Likes

I had to vote racist, but I do honestly believe we are getting better.

1 Like

Scott was right with his original wording.

America (as a nation) is not racist. Our laws and economy and government and the entire system are not racist.

Plenty of individuals are racist. Ditto companies and individual politicians and people in authority. Yes, that means that racism exists. But that doesn’t make the nation racist. And that’s what the thread’s poll is asking about.

Scott’s statement addressed (among other things) the common lib assertion of “systemic racism”. Such a term, by its very definition, is an indictment of America as a whole. The system.

Agreeing that America is racist gives credence to the lib stupidity of “systemic racism”. Don’t prop up that idiocy.

What is to be done?

:rofl: mmmmm

1 Like

To what do you attribute this improvement?

How do you break the circle? As long as there are parents who by word or example are biased it is most likely that they will be also. And their children and so on. I do believe that segregation did help. And I have noticed that generations after me have become more tolerant. But that is only in the areas that I have lived.

1 Like

Ban fried chicken?

I will poke you in the eye if that ever happens. :eyes: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Based upon my own personal experience, as asked by the OP, I voted not racist.

The alt right intentionally tried to co-op the ok sign.

The Italians did that years ago.

As is in every country in the world. This crap about us being uniquely racist is hogwash.

I vote racist, and don’t see anything getting better. Most racism, in my opinion, is not conscious . . . that is, one is not aware of it. A few wear in on their sleeve, most don’t.

Give me the worst example you have seen this year. And I don’t mean on the news.

Also, what are you doing to address your racism?

I’m 70 years old and have yet to see overt racism in my world. When we were young, buying our first house, we bought in a mixed community where whites were in the minority. We lived there for almost 10 years before moving out into an upper class neighborhood. We never once feared for our lives and experienced no criminal activity first hand while we were there.

I spent 10 years in the Air Force and once again never encountered overt racism in my world. Throughout my chosen career I had the opportunity to work for 3 major financial institutions in their data processing groups. Throughout that time I worked for blacks and other minorities as well as whites, both male and female.

As a manager, I’ve also hired minorities both male and female. Never once did I encounter anything resembling racist or sexist behavior. When I looked across the various rows of workstations, virtually every race and ethnicity was represented in some form or fashion. Everyone of them was amply qualified to be there. NO QUOTAs!

Maybe I’ve led a sheltered life, but I prefer to think my life experience was the norm rather than the exception.

And lastly, I do have to concede that I have encountered overt racism when frequenting LIB forums after Obama’s election. So if I had to point to systemic racism, I believe it is a recent manifestation of race baiting coming from the left.

1 Like