Ambassador McFaul threatened

This is all totally normal.

Yes they do…there are anywhere from 1,500-2,000 people that do it every year.

No, they don’t.

Oh, he’s dumb enough. And 15 seconds till his little fan club here starts making excuses and eventually deciding McFaul is the bad guy.

5,000 last year. That’s total, not because of taxes.

Before 2011 there were less than 1,000 a year.

I’m sorry I can’t engage in conversation with you on this topic until you display at least some basic knowledge regarding the Magnitsky Act and how it came to be. There’s just too much going on to start back at step one with someone. Once you catch up I’ll be happy to.

Dude…just because you like to say “no they don’t” doesn’t make it mgically true.

The U.S. is on pace to see a record number of Americans shed their citizenship for the fifth year in a row, as the Internal Revenue Service expands its reach overseas.

More than 4,400 Americans renounced their citizenship in the first three quarters of 2017, including about 1,370 in the quarter that ended on Sept. 30, according to an Internal Revenue Service report published Thursday in the Federal Register.

Most of it is because of the tax law change in 2010 requiring foreign banks to report their US account-holders.

I know what it is. I have zero tolerance for any American who renounces his citizenship for any reason other than family. For profit? Forget it.

How nice for you.

Still doesn’t turn Browder into a non-hero in his fight against Putin’s thug tactics.

No one is 100% squeaky-clean.

No. Taxes have been killing us for years. I got hit with a huge bill two weeks after I got back after not living in this country for 25 years and not setting foot in this country for 10. Did I renounce my citizenship?

■■■■ him.

He’s a money grubbing whore.

We had a poster from this forum do the same thing and move to Italy.

Capitalism’s finest.

I never said he was an American Hero. More of a global one, and continues to be with his international advocacy for Magnitsky, at great cost to himself.

He’s a piece of human garbage. A money mercenary.

Good little tl;dr explainer by Kevin Drum re: Magnitsky Act and why we should pay attention to it. This makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

thanks

Browder’s book is pretty interesting, if self serving.

Lol, in the other thread you’re making light of Eric Prince and in here calling Browder a money Mercenary.

1 Like

If they have the money for it, yes they do…People move to states with lower taxes too.