Amazon cancels NYC headquarters because of political opposition

maybe not but it will go where it gets them

Good! If amazon wants to build there then they should pay up… this tax money could be used for other pressing needs.

You’re making that up. You have no idea who Cuomo was talking about and because of your own bias you’re picking her as opposed to all of the actual local politicians that opposed it in it’s current form on behalf of their constituents.

Stick to facts

not fantasy

Ha! Trump supporters in here are far more motivated by the mere thought they can insult AOC over it.

They’re posting like there are 25,000 homeless people sitting in that neighborhood who are now going to starve to death because AOC single handedly made the good and benevolent Amazon and Besos go away. It’s quite amusing actually.

1 Like

From what I read she was a big part of it, but not the biggest part, it is in her district. I think the big blame is being put on some state senators.

Had to laugh at this one after Bloomers made such a big deal of it.

I actually agree with the opposition here. Cities far too often give huge deals to companies to move a few jobs into the city taking away hundreds of thousands or even millions of potential future tax dollars to accomplish same but won’t bother to offer the same perks to existing companies or make needed infrastructure repairs and upgrades that would benefit the existing business community.

Psst… it’s not catching on.

It wasn’t going to be built in her district.

On Amazon’s decision not to build a HQ in NY, she has/had zero influence. None, nada.

It is not surprising that the narrative in the 24 hour news cycle is putting this on her and not the community organizers and local politicians in the district.

Its quite bizarre how powerful and influential the right wing media and posters on this forum are making AOC out to be.

But if i was her i would be revelling in because the bigger her media profile is the more it will help her.

I love how the right always need a bogeyman or in this case bogeywoman to fear. They are constnatly scared of someone or something. Seriously look at the threads on this forum Trumo supporters live in a state of continous abject fear.

who was he talking about?

they were turned away by the negative political climate. they said so

she was part of that negative climate

that’s simple enough even for her to understand. that’s why she declared that “anything’s possible” in her high fives in the air

1 Like

who was cuomo talking about?

beside the point

how do you know this?

Precisely…no way the Long Island City infrastructure was going to hold up.

i bet she like…cant wait to like…go on 60 minutes again…because like, only 11.9 years left

unless like, green new deal enacted

30 years of being trained that the individual is nothing but an economic unit, and having the philosophy of Galt’s Gulch subtly hammered into their heads has brought us to this pass.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re afraid of AOC…:sunglasses: